• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Lost a friend

Started by remrogers, August 13, 2020, 11:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Just got a call that let me know an old friend just passed away. I met Phil 52 years ago when I was 17. Phil was 88 or 89, if I remember correctly.His wife was the sister I never had and we lost her four years ago to a bad heart. She went quickly and have missed her a lot. Don't have any details about Phil. He was living in a retirement community in Atwood, Kansas, All he did after graduating high school was to raise cattle. He did do a stint in the army and served in Korea. He NEVER talked about those few years other than he played Pinochle, in ships hold with three sargents, on the way across the Pacific.  Worst thing about getting older is all the people I have lost along the way. Damn.

Okanagan

Sorry for your loss.  Old friends are irreplaceable.

FinsnFur

Sorry to hear that

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

JohnP

My sincere condolence to you and I know exactly what you mean when you say " Worst thing about getting older is all the people I have lost along the way. Damn."
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

pitw

Sorry Rem.  Losing old friends is not good at any level.  My old Swedish neighbor told me yesterday he is quitting the chemo treatments they had him on cause he is 86 and just plain don't want to deal with the medical system of keeping him alive at all costs.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

So sorry to hear about your friend Rem, and yours too Barry. Prayers sent to you both.

remrogers

Thanks for the thoughts, folks. I do believe the last four years were very hard for Phil. He and Jody had been married almost sixty years. In some ways, I think he has been just going through the motions of living since she died.

My brother also quit the chemo and let the "stupid disease" ( cancer) run it's course. He figured when his time was up, it was up. He called it a stupid disease because it kills it't host.

If there is anything you want to say to someone, be it family or friend, do it today. Tomorrow may be too late.

chieftain

sorry for your loss, rem