• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

"A real tease!"

Started by HuntnCarve, February 22, 2014, 10:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HuntnCarve

I finished up a turned, and carved elk antler call.  Going out onto the back deck to take a photograph of the call, I spied something across the field up in the woods?  Well I'll be danged!  It was a mature Red Fox all curled up sound asleep! 

Can you see him in the photo above?

(Above) Here he is taken through the lens of my binoculars.

Well, being that I did not have a voice in the call, nor a weapon handy...
I gave this guy a pass, as it's been a long Winter for all of us.. Plus I did not feel like trudging through 20 inches of melting snow. :wink:

Thanks for Looking!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Oh wait, something about a call? :innocentwhistle:

Thought you all could use a chuckle!

HuntnCarve
Dave

Hawks Feather

Dave,

As always a great looking and masterfully carved call.  And the good thing about the fox is that you know there is at least one more 'out there'.  I think it might have been looking for a little left over HuntnCarve snack from one of the honey holes.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Dale

most excellent work... it's always good to leave a few for seed...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Carolina Coyote

Pretty cool Dave , The Fox knew you was a nice fellow. A rare sighting indeed . cc

Coulter

That's awesome Dave...The fox in the backyard AND the call. Nicely done sir :highclap:

Steve

HuntnCarve

Thanks for the kind words guys!
I haven't shot any fox out back all the years I've lived here.  Just does not seem right?  As I enjoy seeing them.  They clean up the chucks I harvest.  I still play around calling them in when the mood strikes, or I want to test a new call.  A few weeks back I went out on the deck with a coaxer I had finished.  I commenced calling, panning the snow covered field with my red light.  About a minute into the sequence I see red eyes coming.  I tap on the window to get my wife's attention to come see the fox.  Well, when I turned the light back on I saw a second fox trotting in.  Then right behind it was a third!  I called them into about 25 yards when they figured things out and trotted back across the field.  I figure it was a mated pair, with another male interloper in the wings.  Our season ends tonight at midnight here in PA.  So they are at least safe for another year. :laf:

HuntnCarve
Dave

HaMeR

Yeah it's purdy cool when you step out on your deck & see a Red Fox!!

Good lookin call too!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

uh ohhhhhh Snafu's gonna see this :eyebrownod: :eyebrownod:
I've been looking for them ever since Snafu starting posting the pics he gets of them but I'm not as lucky as you. You didnt have to look too hard did you? lol

Oh wait..
Awesome call :congrats:  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

Beautiful work! :congrats: As always.

Bopeye