• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bow Tech Bows

Started by Dave, January 22, 2011, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I have an opportunity to buy a used Bow Tech Admiral for about 1/2 the list price and wonder if anyone can advise for or against them? I've heard nothing but good things about them, but wonder if anyone has firsthand knowledge?
Jerry, I remember you won a Bow Tech Airborne around Christmas - have you had the chance to set it up and shoot it yet? 
Any info would woud be great.
Thanks
Dave

BigB

My father has a bowtech bow.  I'm not sure what model, but it was brand new last year.  He really enjoys it and doesn't have any complaints.  My younger brother has shot target practice with it several times too, and doesn't have any complaints.  I've had a Mathews Legacy for 7 years now, and when I shot Dad's bowtech, I was glad that I had my Mathews.  The bowtech isn't a bad bow, but it is really different than the Mathews.  The bowtech doesn't have as much letoff at full draw, or it didn't seem that it did compared to the Mathews.  The bowtech seemed harder to pull back, but it may be set at a higher draw weight than mine.  Not sure on that one.  After my brother shot my Mathews, he wanted to practice with it instead.

I'm sure that the Bowtech will serve you good.  They are good bows.  If you have a chance to shoot it and other bows, take the opportunity to find the one that you like. 

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Hawks Feather

Bow Tech and Mathews seem to be the top two bows around here.  If you can get a good used one that fits you should be in good shape.

Jerry

Dave

Thanks for the input.  Still undecided.