• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's Redbird photos (Wednesday)

Started by Frogman, February 08, 2009, 08:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Here are some of my photos from the Redbird hunt this past week.  Alscalls and I and PABrushwolf and his friend Jerry Dolman arrived at the Pine Mountain Resort Lodge and cottages on Tuesday afternoon Feb. 3.  We did some scouting so we would have a place to hunt on Wednesday.  Here are some of my photos from Wednesday.  I have so many that I thought I would post them in separate threads by day.

This area of Kentucky is very rugged mountainous terrain that has been extensivly strip mined.  So the tops of the mountains have been leveled off to a large extent by the mining, then reclaimed to create these large meadows on top as you can see in the above photo.  We would drive along the haul roads and find wooded hollows that dropped off the top.  We would set up at the head of these wooded hollows and call down over the steep wooded hills.

Here you can see one of the haul roads that led out to a wooded area where we did a couple of stands.  Wed. weather was very cold with temps in the lower teens and snow all day long.

In the above photo you can see some of the terrain we had to contend with.  Beautiful but challenging for hunting.

Above you can see Frogman doing a stand in his recliner ? ? ?

After a hard day of hunting we stopped by the headquarters cottage to share stories of the day's adventures and tell lies??  Here is CCP aka Richard . . .

and Mallardsr aka Reggie . . .

To my knowledge the only coyot killed on Wednesday was this one shot by PABrushwolf's buddy Jerry.  A nice male . . .

I have lots more photos to share but this is all for Wednesday Feb. 4.  I wish the rest of you could have been there!!

More to come . . . .

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Nice!
Looks like some pretty hilly country.

So what'd CCP forget his camo and use the cottage curtains? The patterns are like a perfect match. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Silencer

iahntr

Lookin good ! :highclap: :highclap:
Thanks much for postin it up !
Scott