• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's Redbird photos (Thursday)

Started by Frogman, February 08, 2009, 09:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Alscalls and I were fortunate enough to get to hunt with Weedwalker today (Thursday, Feb. 5).  Weedwalker (Ed) lives close to this area and hunts it extensivly.  So he guided us to some very promising spots to do stands.  Here is Ed and Al getting ready to head out to a stand . . .

Here you can once again see the type of terrain created by the strip mine recalmation . . .

At our first stand of the morning we were set up at the edge of one of these meadows looking down a very steep wooded hill side with a flat about 100 yards below.  This hillside had lots of trees down.  Al was to my left and Ed was to my right each about 30 yards away from me.  We set the e-caller behind me kind of in the middle of the stand.  Soon after beginning the stand with distress sounds I saw a coyote in the snow way below me on the flat.  It moved back and forthe a couple of times as if trying to find a way up the hill to the sound.  I was just getting brief glimpses of it as it worked it's way up the hill.  After several minutes I saw it for the last time about 50 yards down the slope but it instantly dissappeared and I had no shot.  The I heard voices behind me.  Al and Ed were calling the stand because they  heard other hunters calling behind us.  We didn't want to be mistaken for a coyote!!

Above is another of the great spots Ed took us to.  Here we were perched up on a small knoll and set up in a triangle formation with each of us looking in a different direction and covering a full 360 degrees. 

On another stand we parked near some free ranging cattle that occupy this area.  While we were doing our stand they licked the salt off my vehicle . . .

On another stand I found what I think is a coyote bed on a point not too far from a dead cow that we found . . .

After doing 6 stands we returned to headquarters to shar stories . . .

Above is Al and HaMeR (Glen).

Richard and Topdog are having dinner . . .

Our roommate PABrushwolf (Mike) killed this nice male this morning . . .

That's all for Thursday.

Jim

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

weedwalker

That was a big dog that Mike got. It took two pics to cover it all. :biggrin:

Frogman

You noticed that Ed!  It's hard to aim the camera in complete darkness.  It was a nice one though!  WTG Mike!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

vvarmitr

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! PIX!  :biggrin:

I knew you wouldn't let me down Jim! :wink:

KySongDog

Nice photos!   Dayum, I wish I could'a been there.   Glad everyone had a great time. 

Jim, be sure to post the GPS coordinates of those honey hole spots Weedwaker took y'all to.   :biggrin:

possumal

That's way cool, Froggie.  Glad you guys had a good time.  Weedwalker Ed is a true trip, and a good hunting partner. :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Silencer

QuoteWhile we were doing our stand they licked the salt off my vehicle

you sure you didnt get er stuck again ?   :innocentwhistle:

alscalls

Never got stuck .........However fearing for my life........ :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Scott

FinsnFur

Nice pics Jim. :yoyo:
You and Alscalls are pretty fortunate to live as close to each other as do are and able to hunt as often as you do together.

I figured you'd guys would get off on this RedBird hunt and make the rest of the flock look lost. You guys are quite the team and Al talks pretty highly of you when he isnt bragging about you :wink:
Finding a hunting partner like what you and Al have found in each other is tough to do. Nice work :yoyo:

Glad everyone had fun.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com