• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

A couple questions concerning the LBL hunt

Started by straycat, November 01, 2006, 07:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straycat

Maybe this was talked about and I missed it but,are there going to be name plates,( badges ) made up? And is there planning to be any kind of give- a- ways,ie.drawings or raffles? Just sitting around thinking with toooooo much time on my hands. :rolleye:And,YES,before someone makes a smarta## comment,I know I'm working without tools! :nofgr:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

FinsnFur

:hahaha: workin without tools

I doubt there will be name badges this year, unless someone has access to a button machine and wanted to take on the task. It's a good idea....just not real feasible at the time.

Give away loot.....there was a little chatter about that....but it never got real expanded on.

I say we all show up and discuss some of these things there together for the following year, while Brent and Bopeye are arm wrestling. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

straycat

OK....thought I might try to stand long enough to spin a few calls to donate if there was anything going on.Might try to anyway.
I know a couple showed interest in the ones I had in Feb. ,so I may try to get a few ready just in case.
                         Thanks,Joel
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Bopeye

I'm pretty sure I won't need a nametag............I'll be the short, fat guy that is constantly running my mouth............. :eyebrownod:

Did I mention good looking too?

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

straycat

Wwweeellll ........from what I saw this past Feb.,you short,round types are the ones that need nametags.There is just to darn many of you to keep the names straight!   :shck:

Bopeye

Quote from: straycat on November 01, 2006, 10:02:33 PM
Wwweeellll ........from what I saw this past Feb.,you short,round types are the ones that need nametags.There is just to darn many of you to keep the names straight!   :shck:

Albeit that may be true, but you conspicuously left out "good looking". That will be your cue.  :sneer:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

I was thinking about the raffel the other day. I happened to see a program where a kid had gotten thier wish from make a wish. There is a organization that does hunts for kids. If we do the raffle thing, lets put it where it will do more good, and help make some kids wish come true .Jimmie

straycat

WEEELLL...I'll be,he's back!  lol     Sounds like a good idea to me.  whats your ideas on how it will happen? Do it before the hunt and take the winner(s) coyote huntin? HHmmmm   Guess that will be a good topic for awhile,get everyones opinion.

FinsnFur

Yeah... :yoyo:
I like that idea....I'll do some sniffin at the Make a Wish Foundation and see how that works.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FinsnFur

The Make a Wish Foundation no longer grants hunting wishes. Actualy from what I've been reading they haven't for several years now.

A quote; Make-A-Wish has granted 83,000 wishes but put a stop to hunting outings, said Jim Maggio, a spokesman for the charity.

Ted Nugent is verbally strangling them and is now currently working very close with Hunt of a Lifetime.
The organization, formed to grant hunting requests no longer met by Make-A-Wish, has arranged several trips, including a safari with rock 'n' roll wild man and ardent hunter Ted Nugent.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

fuzz624

Well in my opinion that is a bunch of BS.The make a wish foundation was founded to make childrens dreams come true.So now what they are saying is that if a child doesnt have a dream that they agree with then they dont care.So which of us is more heartless,us for killing animals or them for breaking a kids heart because they dont agree with his or her dreams.I think we all know the answer to that.This subject kinda hits home for me.Last winter my brother lost his 5 year old daughter to an illness.I will tell you guys that that was the hardest thing i have ever been through.Now i look back and wish that i would of spent more time with her,but it is to late.Now i look at my kids and other kids as well in a whole new light.Weather it is your kids,neices,nephews or just the kid down the street,take the time to get to know them better.They are our future,but our future can change in the blink of an eye.

keekee

Well said Fuzz! I could not agree more!

Our kids are our future! What we shape now is what will be running this country in the years to come! If we or us as hunters dint take a stand and do all we can NOW then there wont be a future!!!!!

I have always been all for anything that has to do with kids! Guiding free hunts to seminars and still am! There are allot of organizations out there that will make a wish come true, if they wont then I WILL!

You all have my support in anyway you need it! Just say the word!

Brent

coyotehunter_1

Great idea Jimmie!

Here’s another good one: The Disabled Sportsmen of America   

http://www.disabledsportsmen.net/index.html
From their site:
Welcome to the home of DSA
Welcome to the Disabled Sportsmen of America website! Here you will find information and links for hunting and fishing opportunities for the disabled and critically/terminally ill members of society. Disabled Sportsmen of America is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. We believe that it
is our responsibility to make sure that every individual, whatever type of disability, has the chance to enjoy the great outdoors.

A couple of years ago, I met Todd Smelser (founder of DSA). I took him coyote hunting several times, he’s the real deal and a good guy. 
http://www.disabledsportsmen.net/about.html

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

Nother good idea Chet  :wink:

I did a little looking over at Hunt of a LifeTime last night..they accept services along with donations. Meaning maybe we could have a youngster down there with us ...say...in the future.

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers