• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Decision

Started by codfish, December 19, 2006, 11:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codfish

Could someone tell me which of the following rifles would be better to purchase - the savage 11g 223 or the remington 700 adl synthetic 223 for hunting predator

Hawks Feather

codfish,

I would go with the Savage.  I have several Remington 700 BDLs, but only had one 700 ADL.  I kept it for about a month before I sold it off.  The stock was way to cheap and it would twist and bend.  The accuracy was O.K., but not good compared to the BDLs.  I put the rifled action of the ADL into one of the BDL's stocks and the accuracy improved, so it was the cheap stock that was causing the accuracy problem.  If you are getting one of the new Savages the AccuTrigger will be much better than the factory trigger on the Remington.  I have either had the triggers worked or replaced on all of my Remingtons which (for me) makes them much better shooters.  I have a Savage in .243 that has the pre-AccuTrigger in it, but I live 40 miles from Sharp Shooter Supply and had Fred replace the trigger with one of his.  The Savage that I have has one of the cheap plastic stocks, but for some reason it doesn't seem to affect the groups like the stock on the ADL did.  So, like I said in the beginning, I would go with the Savage.

Jerry

fuzz624

Buy the Savage.You wont regret it.

keekee

The Savage is a sweet little gun! You will be happy with it, I love mine! And for the price there hard to beat!

Brent

ROOSTER

vvarmitr

Ditto on the Savage!!!!!! :yoyo: