• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

stevens

Started by codfish, December 16, 2006, 06:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

codfish

I was thinking about buying the stevens 200 in 223 can anyone give me some info on what their like

straycat

Basicly the same as a Savage 10 or other pre accutrigger Savage. I have one in 243 and love it. The trigger was pretty stout but I toned it down a bit,the stock has really deep checkering and can be irritating,I sanded mine down.For the money I don't think there is a better buy in a bolt gun.
   Buy it.......shoot it.........have fun.  :laf:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

fuzz624

I have got to agree with Straycat.I have one in a 22-250 and it shoots great.There is nothing fancy about them,just a tried and true action with a cheap stock that will shoot with any factory gun on the market.They are pretty light ,so you can pack them all day.I havent taken the time to work up a real accurate handload yeat,but it will shoot a little under MOA with the winchester white box ammo.I dont think you can go wrong buying one.

Smith

Friend of mine had one. He loved it, it was a good shooter but the trigger was hard was all. I shot it on some prairie dogs and shot right along side of my Remi VSSF. For the money you can't beat them.
Right thing easy, wrong thing hard...