• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Carbon vs. Aluminum arrows

Started by cb223, September 18, 2007, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cb223

What do you use and why?

I switched to carbon arrows 4 years ago just to give them a try.. I will probably never shoot aluminum again!

I would say the biggest reason I stay with carbon. They are more durable!!!

I accidentally shot a piece of steal tubing in my basement. That arrow bounced all over the place. Believe it or not the arrow was fine!
CHAD

wv_yoter

I can't really choose one or the other, so I done the next best thing and plunked out some serious cash and bought the aluminum/carbon/composite Easton Superlite.  They are very expensive but they're about as thick as a pencil and very light compared to what I used to shoot.
Jason

canine

I found out aluminum arrows make good radio antenna's :eyebrow:

JD

Hawks Feather

I just moved up to Cedar from the old metal bolts.  I guess I have a ways to go.     :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

cb223

Oh crap sorry Jerry. I guess I never even considered flinging REAL sticks!! I have thought about using a slingshot!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

I have thought about trying a traditional setup but I guess I don't have the guts to try or mostly the time to devote to learning it.
CHAD

bowslinger

carbon for my alpine my recurve i shoot cedar

Silencer

I've never shot carbon, I figure if my aluminum shoots great, why change it.  Price on carbon has come down and aluminum has gone way up !!!

Troy Walter

I also shot ACC they shot great but at over $100.00 a dozen you don't want to lose to many.

studabaka

I'm shooting carbon in my compound this year and a least on targets I have been happy with them.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

iahntr

I shoot carbons.
The main reason is probably durability.
They do say it can help with penetration, assuming weight/kinetic energy is the same as the compared aluminum, a little less surface area, a little stiffer and less flex, and catches the wind a little less.
Scott

newbomb

When I was shooting alot of 3d I switched to carbon. I have stuck them in trees and 4x4 posts and bounced them off of metal fence posts and have never ruined one. I have had deer roll over on them and snap them in 2 but never while target practicing.