• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

TWANG AND FLOP

Started by BryanStanley, October 25, 2007, 10:29:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BryanStanley

Went out last night after appying for jobs all day. The wind was perfect blowing to the north gently. Lots of deer coming and going from the feeder, I had planned on taking a big doe is she and her fawns came in. Well the fawns did, she was a no show show. I watched them for at least 30 minutes before deciding to maybe head in for the night. One of the fawns kept picking it;s head up and looking back towards the woods. I figured that it's mom was goig to come in.............Wrong Mr. 5 point was making his was towards the feeder. As I waited for him to get in range it was pretty obvious that he was nervous  as he stayed on the west side of the feeder keeping it between him and myself. He eventuallly got much closer but still 50 yards is a long shot with a bow. I kept waiting and he kept feeding towards me. Finally he was within 35-38 yards quartering away. I slid a 2512 easton tipped with  125 grain thunderhead just behind the shoulder. Thump it is hit him hard, I watched as he ran towards the house stopping in the driveway and folding up right there. Talk about not having to drag him far. No camo, no hunting boots just my bow and arrows. The pictures are the end result. Funny thing about his rack it had a fist size clump of velvet still hanging pretty tight. Enjoy my friends. gotts go find a job. The clothes you see me in are the ones I was wearing at the time.

studabaka

Way to go Bryan!!  :congrats: :congrats: Sounds like you got that trackin and draggin thing figured out real well  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Hawks Feather

Congrats.  Now if you can just get the next one to run inside the garage we will be even more impressed.   :biggrin: 

Jerry

securpro

Bryan, good size deer but wouldn't it've been easier to hang if'n youd gutted it first ?    :confused:  just curious,

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

BryanStanley

I used the winch on my quad to getem up there. Much easier to gut that way, side then I can let all the guts and blood drain into the kiddie pool and dump it i nthe woods after.

securpro

the wife would kill me if i used the kids pool for blood and guts ,buut you could throw in some veggies and make a huge pot of soup!!    :biggrin:

HEY ALL , SOUPS ON AT THE STANLEY HOUSE !!:roflmao: :roflmao:

securpro
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

cb223

CHAD

wv_yoter

Nice job Bryan. I got some close to the house myself, If they just come in a little closer. :biggrin:
Jason

FinsnFur

That'll put some meat in the freezer. Nice job  :congrats:

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 25, 2007, 11:44:39 AM
Congrats.  Now if you can just get the next one to run inside the garage we will be even more impressed.   :biggrin: 

Jerry

:laf: @Jerry
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KillerCaller!

Nice shot Bistro!  :yoyo:
2512's and a 125 grain tip? :wo: The stone age is calling, it wants it's arrow back..... :nono: Did you fashion the tip out of flint as well? It is quite possible that you  may have had a pass thru if you weren't using a wheel bow and Lincoln Logs!
Stirrin' on, oh, stirrin on, stirrin on.........

HaMeR

Thats a nice bodied deer Bryan. Congrats!! :congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

WTG Bryan!  :congrats:  Thanks for the Story & pix.  :biggrin:

Nice collection of tape ya got hanging there. lol

BryanStanley

Those pictures were taken at my buddies house.