• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New addition

Started by Hawks Feather, April 27, 2024, 05:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

I have a part time job doing weights and measures for the county and the money from that goes into my 'I think I like that' fund. Which allowed me to bring this little beauty home. I have a 33 foot 'range' in my basement and it threw groups of .291, .277, and .245 with Crosman Premier and .240 with JSB Diabolo. I think once I find the right pellet it will do even better. 

nastygunz

Ohhhhhhhhh, i'm going to have to look that one up.

Hawks Feather

FinsnFur

Mannn! What a beaut!
After reading that article I feel like this is what every air gun WANTS to be.
Or the author of it really aced his affiliate marketing classes.
Pretty nice Jerry.  :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Im thinking about getting a .25 caliber.

Todd Rahm

That's Sweet Jerry, whats the trigger at?

Hawks Feather

Todd,

The trigger (right now) is factory and it breaks at 1 pound 4 ounces. I will lighten it when I run a couple more tins through it.

My Daystate Red Wolf laminate .177 cal is set for 3.2 ounces. Yea, I love this rifle and it is the best trigger by far.

My FX set .22 barrel, 25 barrel, and 30 barrel is set at 12 ounces.

My Benjamin Marauder .25 cal is set at 10 ounces,

I have a Jewell 2 ounce trigger on my benchrest gun and really liked it. So, I have Jewells in several Remington 700 actions rifles that I had built for me years ago. All of those are set to 6 to 8 ounces and the Jewell that I have in my Arma-Lite target is set to 10 ounces.

Todd Rahm

Never even heard of a Daystate until this post.

Hawks Feather

Todd,

I have been VERY impressed with Daystate and had I done more research earlier I probably would not have the Benjamin or the FX. The Benjamin is a pretty average (not highest or lowest) quality. The Benjamin that I have has the older barrel which according to everything I have read or heard, is an excellent barrel. It is very accurate. The FX is a real upgrade (workmanship and stock, barrels are about the same) to the Benjamin and almost as good as the Daystate. The nice thing about the FX is that it is a set and has .22, .25, and .30 barrels. It didn't have the .177 or I probably would have never gone looking for a .177 and found the Daystate Red Wolf. You need to look the Red Wolf up. It is an electronic release, no hammer to fall, the Red Wolf trigger (which is really unbelievable) moves and sends the impulse to release the air. The air is constantly monitored so the shot to shot power is very close to the others. I have and sometimes enjoy my pump up and barrel break pellet rifles, but the PCPs are just so easy to operate. That being said unless you are younger than me you probably should have an air tank or electric pump and not try to reach 250 BAR with a hand pump.