• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Warm opening day.

Started by trailtwister, November 16, 2015, 04:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailtwister

Opening day buck the small one for my combo tag at 7:28AM. 70 yard shot with Remington 870 slugger 20ga. using discontinued Remington 2 3/4” buckhammer slugs. 70 yard lazered shot buck ran 70 lazered yards. Took out both lungs and dropped the heart loose.
Some people would count the real short thing as a point.
T shirt and sweat shirt unzipped weather day time high temp was 63.

:eyebrownod:  Al

Your not fully dressed with out a smile.

FinsnFur

Nicely done Al. Ya didnt have to wait long for him did ya :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

WTG!  He looks tasty.   Is 70 yards a long shot with shotgun slugs?  Pure ignorance here in rifle land, not critique. 

I got back from Pennsylvania last night, where we saw whitetails every day in the fallen Fall leaves near my daughter's suburban house.  I'd love to hunt a whitetail in leaves like those in your pics.   

pitw

Nicely done.  Never used a slug to hunt with but the proof it works is in your pics. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

trailtwister

Slugs when you fine the one your shot gun likes are good for at least 150 and some say 200 yards. For me I am pushing it to find a place to shot a deer 100 yards. Last years was 93 yards, I could see him because of all the dead ash trees have fallen making a clear area.
I was in my blind less than a hour.

FOsteology

Good shooting and congrats.

I have one of those Remington 870 20ga slug guns too. Pretty dang accurate at 100 yards and I personally wouldn't have a problem taking a 150 yard shot on a deer.

Dale

Congrats Al... looks like it'll be a good eater...

I've built up a 870 20ga slugger also... had the barrel pinned at the tang, a high dollar scope mount and a trigger job... it'll touch 3 shots at a hundred with the fancy Hornady sabots, still need to find a place to stretch it out and see what it'll do...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

coyote101

Nicely done sir.  :highclap: Congratulations  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Congratulations on a fine buck Al!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

trailtwister

Thank you all. So warm here the deer just are not moving in the day lite legal hunting time

:eyebrownod: 
al

bambam

nastygunz

Great pix! I have 4 buck hammer slugs left,  not sure why they were discontinued,such a popular slug ?!

trailtwister

Probably not as much money in them as others. I am going to start reloading some soon.
slugs are us has some interesting chunks of lead.