• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Power Linemen and the holidays

Started by msmith, December 24, 2008, 11:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msmith

Fa la la la la I'm soaking wet. Well...not now. The downpour quit at about 5:00 PM and the wind kicked up at about 5:30 woo hoo. Just got home, been working power outages all day. Gonna hit it again in the AM. Maybe I can conjure up some cool pics tomorrow while out in the boonies. I hope I can get time to swing by Cathryn's for some of those cookies.  :biggrin:

Mike
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

slagmaker

Man I know theres gona be a lot of thankfull people when you get done with your job.  So far all you do Merry Christmas to you and may you and your fellow linemen be safe as you go about your rounds.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

alscalls

Good to see ya again Mike!
Hope everyone is OK, How goes the new lathe?
We look forward to some pics from ya!
Have a very Merry Christmas
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Hawks Feather

Mike,

You never know how much people appreciate the job you do until their power goes off.  Then they are just mad because you didn't get them back up first.   :biggrin:

I am glad there are people like you that are doing that.  I know I am not the one for that job.

Merry Christmas,

Jerry

FinsnFur

Doesnt sound fun at all :nono:
I hope your able to spend at least a little time with your family for the holiday :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: Hawks Feather on December 25, 2008, 09:46:02 AM
Mike,

You never know how much people appreciate the job you do until their power goes off.  Then they are just mad because you didn't get them back up first.   :biggrin:

I am glad there are people like you that are doing that.  I know I am not the one for that job.

Merry Christmas,

Jerry

I can tell you I appreciate what the linemen do.  We're constantly having trees across the wires or squirrels in the transformers.  :laf:  The city linemen are out at all hours no matter what the weather and get things running again.    THANKS!!!

msmith

I HAD THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!

Worked til 11:00 PM Christmas eve then hit again 7:00 AM Christmas morning for another 10 hours. Got to do something nice for folks, something they appreciate, ie. got their power back on. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and I spent it with my best friend, working cohort, and hunting partner. We talked abou politics, hunting, family, and Christmas. We worked hard, but joked around and had a great time. We missed supper but I got home in time to go to my M-I-L and watch the kids open packages and eat left overs and mega cookies.

I am so fortunate to have such a good job in this trying time. I am also fortunate to be able to go home everynight. I think about our service people and am thankful for them and the things I have. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

I got some pictures. Nothing real cool, but a brief summary of the day. I guess I'll share them.

Al, The lathe is coming along slow.  I have been picking up accessories slow but sure. I need to snag a drill press before the end of the year. So far I have just made a few spindles practicing with the lathe tools.

My best friend as we start the day.

Wire down and the culprit.

Fuse link and fuse holder.

Close up of my work area.

View from the top of a pole in the outback of Tyler County WV

A tired old dog.

Didn't make it to Cathryn's for cookies.  :sad:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

pitw

Look's like a job where you don't have  to go to the gym an your way home.  I know the people who have power because of you appreciate it.  Cool pic's and thank's for showing them to me.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

vvarmitr

What a great Christmas story Mike.  Not to many people would tell it like that. You really blessed me!  ;yes;

alscalls

Mike I am glad you had a good Christmas..thanks for the story and pics......these are things we all take for granite. And thank you for your work.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Neat story Mike.  You have a great attitude!  I would have been upset to not have Christmas day off to be with the family.  Thanks for the good work that you do!!  Let me know when you will have some time off for a hunt!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

Quote from: msmith on December 28, 2008, 04:43:54 PM

Didn't make it to Cathryn's for cookies.  :sad:

ROFLMAO!  :roflmao:

Looks like you couldnt have asked for better working conditions though :wink: I'd hate like heck to crawl off and head out into the blowing rain and snow.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com