Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Big Game / Re: Gator hunting in NC!
« Last post by centerfire_223 on Today at 05:45:48 AM »
I got the opportunity to harvest one when SC first got their gator season. I shot it with a bowfishing arrow and then pulled it in. I agree with bambam, not that big a deal. If I ever decide to give it another go, I will definitely go the rod and reel route. Now that would be fun, sort of like hooking into a Jaws, literally!

As far as the eating, the one I killed was 11 feet long, have no idea how old, but the one thing I do know is it was so tuff you couldn't eat it. I ran it through the meat-cuber with the grain and across the grain and it was still like shoe leather. Wound up throwing it away.
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 10:06:56 PM »
How can it be boring? Swamp People make it look like complete chaos :laf:
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 09:22:19 PM »
I had some in a restaurant once and thought it was pretty good.
« Last post by bambam on Yesterday at 09:08:17 PM »
 Gator hunts are actually pretty boring, but they are goooooood  eatin' .
The Tailgate / Re: Shameful
« Last post by nastygunz on Yesterday at 06:56:43 PM »
I bet Staff Sergeant Barry Sadler never kneeled during the national anthem!

« Last post by Okanagan on October 17, 2017, 11:19:44 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bremerton_(SSN-698)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_O%27Kane

Richard O'Kane's book CLEAR THE BRIDGE is a favorite I've read several times.  It is about the WWII war patrols of the submarine Tang, of which O'Kane was captain.  It is also an excellent book on leadership and I think O'Kane intentionally wrote it to be so.
Big Game / Gator hunting in NC!
« Last post by nastygunz on October 17, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »
« Last post by Okanagan on October 16, 2017, 06:41:38 PM »
GREAT photo!

Last Friday night one kid on the opposing high school team knelt during the anthem.  I never noticed, because we were facing the flag, but after the game one of my grandsons mentioned it.  He was ticked.  He thought that the kid should have been benched for the whole game by his coach and maybe kicked out.

Interestingly, the other school was from Bremerton, WA.  They have two high schools there.  Last year when we played the other Bremerton HS at their homecoming, man did their band and people put out the spit and polish and superb protocols for the flag.  Big time Navy town. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10