• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Finally 2.0

Started by FinsnFur, June 13, 2011, 06:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

The SMF developers finally released a 2.0 final version of the forum software the other day.
I have upgraded our forum from the 2.0RC release candidate to the 2.0, but as expected it has killed some of our addons such as the "Who was here today" list, Private messages pop up, and the banners.

I now need to update our theme to be compatible and then I can add those things back in.
Just letting everyone know why some things may appear different temporarily around here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FinsnFur

Themes done, and now as soon as the add-ons get updated I'll start adding them back in.

Do we want the shoutbox back?
I kinda thought it was handy, but who the hell am I?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

QuoteDo we want the shoutbox back?

Yeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

slagmaker

YES on the Shout box!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

FinsnFur

As soon as the Devs get caught up and get their addons updated I'll put one back in.
I been watching and I think most of them have been patiently waiting like us for the 2.0 software version to be finalized.  And now that it has, they have their hands full :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

THO Game Calls

There seems to be a bug, at least for me, in the "reply" box to post.   Anything I type scrolls off the screen and I cannot see it

Have you noticed this?   Making things larger or smaller does not appear to solve the issue either.
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

:confused:
I'm not sure I'm following you. Your typing goes right out of the box and off the side of your screen?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

same for me as THO. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

bigben

here is a screen shot.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

5 SHOTS

It done that to me a couple of days ago and I clicked refresh and then closed and started Fins again. Problem solved.  :shrug:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

slagmaker

It is doing it to me right now. The side of the box just goes off the screen and I have a slider so I can move my page to see the right side of the reply box. If you keep typing the page just moves over.    Very strange indeed.

bigben

my page won't move over.  just keeps on typing off the side.

FinsnFur

Oh that is so cool. I wish mine would do that. :laf:

Ok let me see if I can figure out why it's only doing that to certain people :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Yotehntr

:shrug: another victim here... just one time though.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

slagmaker

It does it at home and with the computer at work if that is any help

THO Game Calls

Well it isn't doing it now on the house desk top.   Maybe it's my lap top?

THO Game Calls

Taking some of the advice from above, I did a Right Click with the mouse, Reload, and it seems to have fixed the problem.   Thank you for the tip 5 SHOTS

Al @ THO

5 SHOTS

I'm here to help.

But I'm not a Geek, trust me. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

FinsnFur

Ok, here's the skinny.
Apparently it's a cache issue, which means some of your computers are looking at cached versions instead of the updated forum version which is actually here.
The reload trick is calling the page again directly from the server instead of it being fed from your cache, and therefore it doesnt do it.

However the SMF developers did have a trick up there sleeves to prevent this from happening to anyone, but they forgot to implement it into the software when they went 2.0
My guess is they will probably include it in the next minor update, or maybe not even at all since it's so mi`nute of a situation. Plus it's not actually a software bug. And the trick they were going to implement was more of a courtesy on there part.

(The short version)
Clear your cache :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers