• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Venison fatty

Started by bigben, February 29, 2016, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

I was at the cabin sat night and had the thought on making a venison fatty with a twist. A fatty for those that dont know is sausage rolled out on top of a bacon weave seasoned woth rub and bbq sauce then cheese gets put in the center. Its rolled up into a roll and smoked.

I weaved the bacon and seasoned it. Then made a meatloaf mixture with ground venison. I flattened the meat out on top of the weave and added spinach sun dried tomatoes onions and sharp cheese. I added bbq sauce and rolled it up and grilled it.

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

coyote101

That looks delicious Ben.  :thumb2:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

How dare you post something that looks like that while I am waiting for supper.  Looks GREAT!

Jerry

riverboss

Stop that! My blood pressure just went up.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using Tapatalk

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Okanagan

Oh man, that looks good.  If ever anything lived up to the name cholesterol bomb, this one does. 

The spinach leaves fix it all however and turn this thing into a healthy salad. 

Dave

Quote from: Okanagan on February 29, 2016, 08:15:35 PM

The spinach leaves fix it all however and turn this thing into a healthy salad. 

Hey bigben, all that spinach almost makes it vegan!  A great intestinal broom!

Very impressive bacon weave, by the way.

bigben

Its kinda like a diet coke or water with a large wendys triple. Remember i drink diet soda so i can eat regular food.  Actually the worst thing for me was prob the sundried tomatoes. 450mg of sodium per tomatoe and high blood pressure dont mix.

The only green stuff i wont eat is celery.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Dale

looks good buddy... the only thing that could have made it any better is a couple jalapenos in there too...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

bigben

I think next time instead of the sun dried tomatoes I am going to put mild banana rings in it instead.  fresh Jalapenos would be too much I think. 

JohnP

Looks good Ben and probably taste better than it looks.  I would not use jalapenos either, try habanero's.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dale

normally when I roll up a fatty, I use a pound of sausage, flatten it out, various types of cheese, a healthy sprinkle of crushed red pepper or slice down some fresh jalapenos... roll that bad boy up making sure it seals well a bacon blanket to keep it warm and onto the grill over indirect heat...   :wink:

then the hard part starts, the 20 minutes letting it rest to set up the cheese again after it's finished...   :biggrin:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

I might be making two more of these this weekend for a get together sunday.  Wonder what I'm going to stick in it.  Hmmm

Okanagan

Quote from: bigben on March 07, 2016, 06:05:34 AM
I might be making two more of these this weekend for a get together sunday.  Wonder what I'm going to stick in it.  Hmmm

Tummy?

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers