• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Indiana to consider bobcat season

Started by slagmaker, May 14, 2016, 12:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

Read this this morning.  Good news!

http://fox59.com/2016/05/14/indiana-considers-bobcat-hunting-trapping-to-manage-species/

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. â€" Indiana could soon add bobcats to the list of animals that are allowed to be hunted in some parts of the state.

The state Department of Natural Resources is considering removing bobcats from Indiana’s list of protected species to allow for hunting and trapping in southwestern Indiana because of a recent surge in population.

Officials say the growth would be managed appropriately by enforcing limits for individuals and a statewide quota.

The Indianapolis Star  reports that the proposal is in the informational stage and the department will collect feedback on the idea until May 15.

Bobcats became an endangered species in Indiana in 1969 and then a protected species in the state in 2005.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

They just tried to open a season in New Hampshire and it created a huge uproar and got shut down.

Okanagan

Yep, they are a cat and have spots so the international society of tree-huggers-and-runners-of-other-people's-lives will converge on Indiana with weeping and gnashing and do all that bad publicity can to pressure politicians to drop the bobcat season. 

Once when I filled out the permit forms and paid the fees to take a bobcat hide from Canada into the US, as the border cop checked the endangered species papers I mentioned that bobcats were so plentiful and common that there was undoubtedly at least one within a quarter mile of where we were in the customs station.  He agreed but neither of us made the rules. 

I hope that the open season prevails for those of you in Indiana.

FinsnFur

Emotions, money and politics verses science and Eco systems :doh2:
Thats how our Wolf Hunt got yanked too  :mad3:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

A year or so back indiana tries opening up the caliber restrictions for deer hunting. The anti's had a fit. They actually stopped the discussion before it even started.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

Years ago they opened a dove season in New Hampshire and the bird lovers and tree huggers pitched such a fit the chickenshit fish n game department closed the season, ended it and have never reopened it since.

Dale

Quote from: nastygunz on May 16, 2016, 06:22:17 PM
Years ago they opened a dove season in New Hampshire and the bird lovers and tree huggers pitched such a fit the chickenshit fish n game department closed the season, ended it and have never reopened it since.

aint that a bytch?... they say 75% of the population turns over every year so what's wrong with taking out the excess before they die out in the wilderness and are wasted?...  I know they feed the flora and fauna when they drop but I'd much rather they dropped in my black iron skillet, surrounded by onions and gravey... 
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...