• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A New Pony In The House

Started by MI VHNTR, May 18, 2017, 10:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI VHNTR

I just picked up a new SS Colt Competition pistol in 45ACP. Fit and finish are excellent. Hopefully, some range time soon.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

slagmaker

Looks like a fist full-O-bang ya got there.

I bet it functions flawlessly
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

riverboss

Cool ! Is that stainless or some kind of a paint on it?
The pic looks deceiving as to color.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

My gawd I love that :jump:
I want a 45 pretty bad.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

As the snowflakes would think - he has one and you want one so he should give it to you.  If he doesn't he is a ______________ fill in the blank with any of the things that snowflakes call those who are not.

Jerry

MI VHNTR

riverboss, the Colt is the stainless steel version of the pistol with no paint or coating on it. The sides of the slide and frame are polished stainless and the top of the slide and the front and rear of the grip frame are a matte stainless. I'll have to take some more pictures of it so it shows up better.

I ran about 100 rounds of mixed 45 ammo through it today, including aluminum cased ammo, some FMJ and  some HP of different brands.
Zero FTF/FTE. It ran flawlessly.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

MI VHNTR

The new SS 1911 Colt Competition 45 ACP sits between the SS Colt Delta Elite 10MM and the SS Colt LW Commander 45 ACP. My 1911 heaven.

It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

Hawks Feather

Three really nice looking Colts.

Jerry

nastygunz

riverboss

Now that's a nice coral of pony's! The pic shows the stainless really well.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

slagmaker

Oh man! Those are nice.

I have heard good things concerning the 10mm.

Tikaani

My wife bought me one for our anniversary. Love it, has operated flawlessly. What type of aftermarket magazine are you using.

John

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

MI VHNTR

Tikaani, congrats on your Colt. Your wife has to be a wonderful person to give you a gift like that.

I'm run Chip McCormick Power Mags and Wilson 47Ds in the 45s. I have Metalform and Tripp Research Cobra mags for the 10mm.

On a sidenote, the Colt factory mags that came with my CCS have the basepads already installed from the factory. The SS Commander and the Delta Elite did not. The Colt factory 45 mags that came with the new CCS are in the 45s in the pictures.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

KySongDog

Nice looking ponies!   I've got a couple in my stable as well.

Top is a pre-series 70 I bought new as a young Marine back in 1967.  Hard to believe 50 years has flown by. 

The bottom is a Colt Commander that belongs to my son.  A graduation present from his days at West Point.   I keep it for him because he lives in the communist state of NJ at the moment.    :laf:

KySongDog

On the subject of magazines, I like the McCormicks and Wilson 47d's.   I also like the ACT-MAG magazines as well.  They are true 8 round mags. I think they may come standard with the high end Nighthawk 1911's too.

nastygunz

A West Point man who can't keep a handgun in his own home in New Jersey, that is just wrong!

Quote from: KySongDog on May 25, 2017, 08:21:32 AM

Top is a pre-series 70 I bought new as a young Marine back in 1967.  Hard to believe 50 years has flown by. 

The bottom is a Colt Commander that belongs to my son.  A graduation present from his days at West Point.   I keep it for him because he lives in the communist state of NJ at the moment.    :laf:

slagmaker

Quote from: nastygunz on May 25, 2017, 12:27:45 PM
A West Point man who can't keep a handgun in his own home in New Jersey, that is just wrong!

Quote from: KySongDog on May 25, 2017, 08:21:32 AM

Welcome to the new America

MI VHNTR

KySongDog, you've got some awfully good looking Colt pistols. VERY nice! There's just something special about the prancing pony and the name Colt on the slide of a 1911.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB