• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Confused

Started by JohnP, September 09, 2017, 04:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I am looking forward to hunting season but I do have a question.

If I shoot a doe, but I only have a buck tag, can I claim that the doe wasn't really a doe?

I mean … maybe she'd always wanted to be a buck, but with no choice of her own she/he was born with the physical attributes of a female. And yet … on the inside she'd always known he was truly a male.

I'm just wondering if I can get the game warden to buy that bullshit, because society and the Supreme Court do.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Funny you should post this.  We asked our DNR game warden this at a Fish and Game meeting last fall.  When he finally got done laughing along with everyone else, he said that he would have to ticket the shooter and confiscate the deer.

Jerry

nastygunz

That reminds me of a turkey hunting thing in New Hampshire, you can't shoot a hen in the spring season but if the hen has a beard you can shoot it,  and there are a few bearded hens around every year.

FinsnFur

There's a few bearded hens that work at the Walmart up here. :eyebrownod:

My tax man hit me with that question too John. We both got a good laugh out of it. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on September 09, 2017, 11:35:40 PM
There's a few bearded hens that work at the Walmart up here. :eyebrownod:

That's too funny.  :alscalls:
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

It is even worse in Canada.  A late friend of mine who used to hunt whitetails in the upper Kettle River valley not far north of WA State killed two antlered does there over the years, one with a pretty decent rack (4x5?).  Several other antlered does came out of that river valley where even the deer are gender confused.

Surely you could convince the warden that the doe was ACTING like a buck and therefore qualified to be tagged as one.