• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

weird table formatting

Started by Lighterknot, October 10, 2006, 12:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighterknot

Hey Jim, on some of the forums, the first 3 threads don't have the "raised" look under the replies and views columns.  It seems the forums that have sub forums aren't having the same problem.  Maybe something in the code...no bother or anything, just figured you would want us to point out any bugs we see...back to work now, um yeah that's it better get back to work   :innocentwhistle:
Chad

Lighterknot

Update:  I just figured it out, it is only doing it on the posts that are "stickies" or "pinned" at the top.  Not sure if this has always done it but it caught my eye today for some reason.
Chad

FinsnFur

Yeah, That new to this version. There's going to be a lot of little things like that, that we'll notice as we go.

The last upgrade I did was board version 1.07 to 1.08. Nothing different other then security fixes.

Now, since the Chat thingy went hay wire and bogged the front page down because it couldn't retrieve the stats, I jumped the board to a whole different version a couple days ago....which is what had to be done to be compatable with a chat that doesn't depend on someone elses server.

Heck I'm still finding things that they changed in this one.  :wink:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Jim,
Why noy go back to the old way. Did we have problems with it like we do now?

FinsnFur

Well...Now that were here on the RC3 software I hate to degrade and go back down.

Right now it's kinda like having a new car. Same features, just in a different spot. This one has electric windows...the previous version had cranks.  :wink:

I switched us because of our old software waiting for everywherechat.com to give us our chat stats, and their server being down.
The chat stats on our front page came from their server. But their server wasn't responding so it made our front page hang.

In order to install the self supported version of our chat I had to jump us to another board version.

The only Rrrrrrreal problems were having now....is me finding my way around the code. It's quite a bit different from the old board, and yet on the public side of it, it appears, for the most part the same.

Like the old Staff button and the Blooper page button. I'm still deciphering how to put those back because of the new code structure. Their calling things by different names back there and I'm like   :holdon:  :huh:

We would have eventually ended up here anyway. This is the latest release of the software.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Lighterknot

Good stuff Jim!  Any software that keeps us from having to depend on outside servers for ours to function properly sounds like a winner to me.    :yoyo:
Chad