• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Faux pro fury?

Started by browning204, August 23, 2008, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

I agree with Rich.  I want to field test the new Fury and check it out.  It is all about competition, and I'll bet on Foxpro's knowledge of technology.  The improvements they have made on their remotes have been impressive to date, and I'll bet the new remote is a real winner.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

browning204

FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Rich

There is no technology that I am aware of that moves faster than that of electronics. Any business that does not take advantage of new technology will not be in business very long. If you buy a new computer today, it will be obsolete tomorrow. Same with cell phones. The FoxPro folks evidently found a new technology for remote controlled callers that does not require line of sight like all other remote controlled callers require. The only thing I know about this new technology is what I found when I googled same. Now if this new FoxPro "Fury" functions like I believe it will, there will be no need to hang your  new Fury on a tree limb in order to be sure the remote will function properly. The average hunter will probably not actually need an E caller with such a superior remote control. I know a few places where i could take advantage of it though. Shucks, you could probably set the new fury in a valley, walk over the hill and operate the bugger from next valley over.  I won't know for sure until I get one, so I reckon I will call Steve Dillon tomorrow. I don't have very many coyotes left around here, I'm so old and worn out that I likely won't be able to hunt much longer, and by gosh I want the chance to test the best  electronic caller there is. Sounds like FoxPro has out did themselves this time. Blew the competition clean out of the water by golly.  :wink:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

slagmaker

There will always be a bigger, better, faster, new and improved comming down the line. It is up to the individual if they can live without the newest features. :shrug:

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

browning204

Quote from: Rich on August 24, 2008, 03:19:06 PM
Sounds like FoxPro has out did themselves this time. Blew the competition clean out of the water by golly.  :wink:

WOW what will the $ bonus be for that line??   :laf:

I understand what they are trying to do, but I am just saying that they made fun of bigger remotes in the past and then boom, they come out with a big honkin remote.

I guess it will be different since Foxpro will be written on it.

Rich

"I understand what they are trying to do, but I am just saying that they made fun of bigger remotes in the past and then boom, they come out with a big honkin remote."
------------------------------------------------------------
Browning,
Was it actually one of the Dillons who made fun of the big remote controls, or was it simply another FoxPro owner? I understand where you are coming from though. I am not a fan of big remote controls either. If this one is as good as I think it is, I can live with a large remote control. For me it is the more reliable remote control that does not require the user to be in the "line of sight" that is exciting.
Foxpro Field staff

HaMeR

Since I've only had my FX3 for about 2 1/2 years I may not be qualified to speak BUT,,, that never stops me!!  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously tho,, I have not had one incident where the remote would not operate the caller. Not one. I have hunted strip mined land with the caller doen below me by a good 25' with no failures. My remote runs the unit with it hanging upside down from a lanyard. I have no gun barrel interference. Just for the heck of it I put it down aover one side of the ridge at 25 yds then went back on top & down the other side another 10yds & it worked flawlessly. Either I got a good unit/remote or a lot of folks don't understand the concept of the remote going to sleep while not in use & expect instant gratification when a button is pressed. Personally I have not seen any issues with my FX3 that a lot of other folks posted about. I know I would build a new caller if enough folks showed interest in it too.  :wink:

As far as the latest & greatest goes,, some folks NEED it. Others don't. Some folks think 200 sounds will guarantee coyotes running to the call blindly. Any FP staffer is Welcome here where I hunt. As well as the Borlands,, which I think it would be cool to coon hunt in the daytime with them.  :yoyo:  As far as imitations go,,, a lot of folks are guilty of it. Some folks just act like it was their idea 1st is all.

I'm not on FP's payroll either.  :nono: I just like my FX3.  :shrug:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

browning204

Quote from: HaMeR on August 24, 2008, 05:16:19 PM

I'm not on FP's payroll either.  :nono: I just like my FX3.  :shrug:

I should be on the WT payroll. I have sold more of those than anyone. :wo:

Not really, they sell themselves. all you gotta do is know someone who has one.

nastygunz

Quote from: alscalls on August 23, 2008, 06:29:30 PM
$600!!!!!!!!!piss on that..........I can do without
Thats another thing....speaking of piss on.....if it rains stick my FX3 in a ziplock bag?.....i have friggin 5 dollar walmart flashlights that are waterproof :madd:....i wonder if the Fury will be...."piss" proof  :hahaha:

browning204

Hey Nasty, how is that "dumb" charger that you got with the foxpro?

My WT came with a SMART charger, the light turns to green when it is fully charged and it wasn't extra $$.

OH, and I also called about a car charger, they sent me one FREE!!!!   Now THATS customer service!!!  :yoyo:

MI VHNTR

Quote from: browning204 on August 23, 2008, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: MI VHNTR on August 23, 2008, 09:06:42 PM
As far as the wt goes. No way. No how. Not under ANY circumstance.  MI VHNTR

Please explain? Do you not like them?

As far as faux pro coming out with new stuff everyother month. I don't know why people NEED to run out and get their existing units upgraded. I mean I can see if it is a MAJOR change such as what WT might do but that is it.

I have the original Bandit, there is an upgrade or Mother boards ( I think) but so what. My bandit works just fine.

I think FP has alot of its customers by the short hairs, they keep coming out with "upgrades" and telling customers that the NEED these changes.

mean while the guys who bought the fx5 are now screwed!!!

I've had less than stellar dealings with the buffoon that runs wt. Hell, I've been banned from ever purchasing one of the wonder callers by the owner himself. SOME of his antics have been: name calling, threats and unsolicited harassing emails.

I'll say this on the subject of the FX5/Fury and let it go. I'm not into buying the "latest and greatest", but here's my point. The price paid in relation to the potential resale price really hammers the FX5, especially considering the projected cost of the Fury. The FX3 fares much better in this respect.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

browning204

Quote from: MI VHNTR on August 24, 2008, 08:44:09 PM
Quote from: browning204 on August 23, 2008, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: MI VHNTR on August 23, 2008, 09:06:42 PM
As far as the wt goes. No way. No how. Not under ANY circumstance.  MI VHNTR

Please explain? Do you not like them?

As far as faux pro coming out with new stuff everyother month. I don't know why people NEED to run out and get their existing units upgraded. I mean I can see if it is a MAJOR change such as what WT might do but that is it.

I have the original Bandit, there is an upgrade or Mother boards ( I think) but so what. My bandit works just fine.

I think FP has alot of its customers by the short hairs, they keep coming out with "upgrades" and telling customers that the NEED these changes.

mean while the guys who bought the fx5 are now screwed!!!

I've had less than stellar dealings with the buffoon that runs wt. Hell, I've been banned from ever purchasing one of the wonder callers by the owner himself. SOME of his antics have been: name calling, threats and unsolicited harassing emails.

Sorry to hear that about your bad experience. But at least you know that it is a wonderful caller!  :biggrin:

We will see how the "fury" works out for them. As ya'll know, I won't be placing an order!!

nastygunz

"dumb" charger?.....I didnt get ANY charger!............i couldnt tell for sure if my batteries were ever fully charged using the plug into the fx3 cord so i finally shelled out extra greeny and got a charger that actually tells me when the batteries are fully charged now......thats ridiculous telling someone to charge it as long as you used it, if you used it for 2 hours charge it for 2 hours. Like i said for 479.00 dollars i expect more. One guy told me to charge with the battery cover off....the next guy, charge with it on.....does the light go off?..or on?....go to the foxpro forums they are LOADED with charger/battery questions....i compare it to buying a $1000.00 shotgun and then finding out you have to go out and spend more money to buy screw in chokes for it :madd:

nastygunz

BUT come on b204 can the wt possibly look any goofier?

alscalls

Mouth calls look better and better :laf:.......I can see using an e-caller but dang my kids gotta eat........how about a poor mans version I know the market has got to be bigger for a cheaper modle with a remote.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

browning204

Quote from: nastygunz on August 24, 2008, 09:53:42 PM
BUT come on b204 can the wt possibly look any goofier?

Goofy  looking? I bought it because it takes away from my goofy appearence!

nastygunz

I see now your a deep thinker :eyebrow:...alscalls yupp the mouth calls are looking appealing....the johnny stewart pm4 i think its called is remote and around 200?........or you could just borrow one off b204 hes got every make made....i heard he even has a closet faux pro he secretly plays with when hes hunting alone...or just alone.... :shock2:

browning204

Quote from: nastygunz on August 25, 2008, 07:12:59 AM
i heard he even has a closet faux pro he secretly plays with when hes hunting alone...or just alone.... :shock2:

After I get done playing with my Hannah Montana action figures!

Frogman

Guys,
     I am very happy with my FoxPro Scorpion!  It has worked well for me.  I do like the idea of a larger screen on the remote.  My old eyes sure have trouble reading the Scorpion remote when the light starts to get low!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Rich

alscalls,

I hear that you won the coyote vocalizations division of the contest down in Kansas City. My congratulations sir. Who won the distress screams division?  Hey, did you hear that Browning 204 has a FoxPro?  I'm betting that he uses it kind of like a bass fisherman uses his favorite lure. He will deny it of course. A man never reveals his secret weapon.   :laf:
Foxpro Field staff