• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Georgia Whitetail revised

Started by Carolina Coyote, November 01, 2011, 04:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

Sorry about that guys after posting the pictures I moved them into another folder in PhotoBucket and it moved them here also.
This is a 200 lb Buck 8 Point 17 inch inside spread  that I killed in Georgia last weekend . cc

FOsteology

weedwalker

Great looking buck Carl!! Congrats. :highclap: :highclap:

Hawks Feather

nastygunz

coyote101

Congratulations on a nice buck Carl.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Scott

wv_yoter

Jason

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Nice job Carl :congrats:
Bopeye is going to loooove that picture of the deers junk :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Pretty good story that goes along with this Buck, It turned pretty cold that morning while I was on the stand and I did not wear enough clothes so at 10:00 when we all check in on our little radio's I heard one of my friends saying I think I will get down and go over to the Swamp Road, I was thinking the same thing as I had move that stand over there two weeks ago and had not Hunted it, My friend had already Hunted it one morning so I did not say anything. On the way into the Cabin I ran into him and he told me he had decided to not go out to the stand because he felt like he would make to much noise and when he hunted it before he never saw any deer crossing the road but saw five in the thicket. We went on to the cabin and I cooked a little breakfast and another one of the guys came in and was talking about what he seen that morning, Two pretty nice bucks headed down to another area where they is another stand. My friend decides he will go down there and sit for a while as the Deer had been moving a lot during the day for the last week.
After he left the cabin I told the other friend I think I will go over to the Swamp Road and sit a while, being and old fart and to lazy to walk out the road to the stand I drove the vehicle right out to the stand backed it into the bushes to try and hide it from the road but it was still visible from the road.  Got out of the vehicle trying to be quite but I'm sure any deer within  200 yards could hear me plus climbing into the stand and getting all my gear in the stand. The time then was about 12.15, the stand is a portable that you can hook to a vehicle and move it around real easy and the seat revolves and I start slowly rotating the seat looking over this big clear cut, (Timber was cut 3 years ago )  Less than 10 minutes on one of the rotations a big doe popped out about 25 yards from the stand she kept looking back in the thicket and I'm thinking this could get interesting, but she was waiting on two yearlings following her. So I continue my surveillance of the area and less than another 10 minutes another big Doe popped out in the road about 75 yards from the stand she also was looking back into the thicket, again she was looking for a yearling following her. At this point I'm thinking this is pretty good, so I start concentrating on that area of the road and sure enough about 10 minutes another big Doe pops out about 75 yards, she was by herself and just as she disappears off into the thicket I glanced over to the edge of the thicket where she was headed I saw the rack of the Buck moving down the edge to the big timber. This for sure got my attention, with gun already in hand and laying on the gun rest I put the scope on the Rack that was all i could see and then he disappeared, looking at him from the side did not know if he was shooter or not but I continued to scan the area and the road hoping I could get another and better look at him. I had let a shooter walk the week before because I had seen a bigger Buck in the area the Day before so where I was at now I had decide if I saw a decent Buck I would take him. Not sure how much time passed but I picked up movement about 75 to 80 yards in the thicket so I place the scope on the movement and it was the Buck looking straight at me, I could see he was a legal shooter (  we require they be 15 inches inside spread ) the shot I had was the neck about 4 or 5 inches below the chin, I flipped the switch on the 243 wssm and it was a Bang Flop, dropped straight down. Not a super Buck but a decent Buck.
Long story but the reason I 'm telling it is, No rubber Boots, No scent lure, no bait, no scent cover spray, just using the wind .
Time 12:50, 40 minutes from the time I got into the stand. How sweet it is.
CC  :eyebrow:   

Okanagan

Great story, but it must be a tall tale.  :laf: You don't think that we will believe that you got a buck like that without some Ultimate scent erase, space suit clothes, Wind Reverser Tree Ring pattern camo and an Uber Boomer SALFBSTCSS (Short Action Long Fat Barrel Synthetic Thompson Center Single Shot) in 7.19 MM.

Nah, a relaxed hunter with a .243 wizzum?  You are holding out on us, keeping us from the secrets of getting nice big bucks.  Tell us a story we can believe!

Actually, a great story of good thinking, good hunting, good eyes and good shooting.

Carolina Coyote

Okanagan,There is more to the story, one of the guys that hunts with us does all the things you mention, puts his clothes he wears to the stand in a plastic bay and changes clothes after he leaves the cabin, covers himself in scent lure puts out all kind of cover scent, the morning after I killed that Buck he sneaked in to a climbing stand in a thicket right in front of where I was hunting and shot a 6 point Buck that weighted 155 lbs, the Deer was not much more than a yearling,  :laugh2: and that is not all he does it ever year. Told me that he let two bigger than the one I shot walk and though the one he shot was the MAN.  :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf: :laf:
CC

vvarmitr

I just wish I was there for the breakfast you whooped up!  :biggrin:

Carolina Coyote

James for sure we don't go hungry at the Wanderosia. Back down here now for all this week and maybe next, hunted the stand where I shot that Buck this past Friday morning and saw another shooter but decided to let him grow another year, saving out for the Bruiser I saw a couple of weeks ago while riding around the property, a awesome rack. cc

Frogman

Tht there is a nice buck!!  WTG!  Thanks for the pictures and story!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!