• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

2nd Hog this year

Started by Carolina Coyote, May 07, 2014, 10:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carolina Coyote

This past weekend I went down to the Wanderosia to do some more work on the Ice Storm damage but also to do a little Hog hunting. Yesterday morning I put a Bang Flop with a well placed shot on this 150 pound Boar. Using my Kimber 223 with a 69 Grain Sierra hpbt match grade bullet. It don't sound like a Hog gun setup but with precision shooting it works great as shot placement is the most important thing. This is the third 150 pound plus hog I have killed with this setup and all Bang Flop.

HuntnCarve

Way to go Carl!  Looks like you have that rifle and load dialed in just fine. :congrats:

Dave

coyote101

Nice job Carl.  :yoyo: Looks like you're having fun.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FOsteology

Yup, with proper bullet placement they drop like a sack of cement. Even with a rimfire!  :biggrin:

He'll make a few pulled pork sammiches.

JohnP

Carl I have a package here for ya, if you continue to show pictures like that I may have to hand deliver it. 

Been thinking about retiring my little Sako (grandson wants it) and buying a Kimber.  What model do you have?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Carolina Coyote

Mr. John
I have the Kimber Montana 223, it has a 1 in 9 twist, The Sierra 69 grain is so far the only bullet That shoots a real tight group at 200 yards and I'm talking 1/2 MOA if I do my part. The more I shoot it the better I like it .
So far this year we have killed 8 Hogs at the Wanderosia, This Hog makes 15 That I have killed, most of them in the last 3 years. With the rain we have been getting down there the low land has standing water and is ideal Hog habitat. Its nice to have a few but it looks like they are starting to get out of hand, we are in the process of getting the right equipment to start really working on them. I plan to put my Trail camera's out next time down to try and get a better idea of just how many we have on the property. For sure the Farmers are starting to complain.

HaMeR

Nice hog slam Carl!! Lotsa sausage & BBQ pork right there!!!!!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:confused: :confused:  just wondering if I missed the thread on the FNF Hog Roast date??  :shrug: :shrug:

:laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

I will say that they grow much larger in the south than they do up north.  Either that or it is the way you hung it up for the picture.  HuntnCarve and HaMeR, why don't you try hanging the hogs you shoot like that so that they can see how much smaller our hogs really are.

Jerry

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Quote from: Hawks Feather on May 08, 2014, 08:23:57 AM
I will say that they grow much larger in the south than they do up north.  Either that or it is the way you hung it up for the picture.  HuntnCarve and HaMeR, why don't you try hanging the hogs you shoot like that so that they can see how much smaller our hogs really are.

Jerry

:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :laf:

The first time I saw one of the articles on the Hawg hunts up there really had me going.