• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

3 Bucks and a ??

Started by KySongDog, October 16, 2014, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

Why I drive 100 miles round trip to deer hunt is a mystery to me.   :confused:   I would hunt in my back yard if I could get SWMBO (she-who-must-be-obeyed) to go along with the program.  Anyways, I look out my back window and see these three guys lounging around the bird bath and bird feeder.  There was a small doe or button off to the left that I couldn't squeeze in to the photo.

A closer look..........

A six pointer

A long spike with a wee little fork

A short spike lad

A closer look at the young 'un

And a ??   (small doe or button)

And then I saw that the little guy must have been all tuckered out and went to sleep   :eyebrownod:

KySongDog

The little ?? above was a little button.   He turned his head enough that I could see the small nubs.   :laf:

JohnP

I clearly understand the SWMBO, when we lived on the mountain we had them all over the place.  But I had to walk UP the mountain and over the ridge.  Couldn't kill anything on the mountainside if I could see the house.  But you and I both know that we would not want it any other way.

Nice pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Enjoyable series of photos.  In our area I'd be surprised to see a bachelor group of bucks together this far into Fall, but I'm not used to whitetails, especially in the numbers you have there.  Love those hardwood trees.

msmith

Nice pics Semp! Love the landscape there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

KySongDog

Quote from: JohnP on October 16, 2014, 03:35:19 PM
I clearly understand the SWMBO, when we lived on the mountain we had them all over the place.  But I had to walk UP the mountain and over the ridge.  Couldn't kill anything on the mountainside if I could see the house.  But you and I both know that we would not want it any other way.

Nice pictures.

I agree and, of course, I was just joking about the SWMBO remark.  All things considered I am most thankful I have her.  For the last 41 years she has stayed with me through times when very, very few would have.