• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL and BUD Light

Started by securpro, February 07, 2011, 09:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

securpro

Unfortunatly while I was driving around making stands I kept finding Bud Light cans  :madd:  where other coyote hunters had been and most of them had the same exact tire tracks, I'm pretty sure it was someone from our group and I just want to say that If your gonna take it in , then pack it out I don't want to see a bad mark put on our group just because someone couldn't pick up there trash.  :rolleye: I greatly value the land we are allowed to use at LBL and would hate to see that end. The LBL folks have been very goods to us and leaving our trash behind is no way to thank them.
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TRASH OUT WITH YOU !
Joe
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

KySongDog

How do you know it was other coyote hunters?  I doubt it was anyone from our group.  But if you know for certain who it was, post their name.  Guessing and blind accusations don't cut it.

I too found beer cans in several spots.   And I feel quite certain they were left by horse riders or gun deer hunters. 

securpro

I am not accusing anyone and I am certain it was coyote hunters maybe not from our group but it is highly likely and I found quite a few of them outside of the wranglers area. I even found them on top of fresh tire tracks and one in an area that I hunted the previous day that was not there then. I just dont want it to look like our group are the ones who left a mess..
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

FinsnFur

Besides the disrespect of littering, driving around in a vehicle with a high powered rifle and sucking beer is ....wow! :rolleye:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 08, 2011, 08:03:59 AM
Besides the disrespect of littering, driving around in a vehicle with a high powered rifle and sucking beer is ....wow! :rolleye:

Actually pretty normal for our area really :doh2:.  The whole family of mine picks the ugly stuff when we see it, cause it is not only responsible but profitable at 10 cents a can.  When someone stops in to ask permission to hunt I'll do an examination of their vehicle and if there is a box of opened beer and no loose empty cans rolling around, they are informed that I think they are pigs and to stay off my land.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Quote from: securpro on February 07, 2011, 09:39:14 PM
I am not accusing anyone and I am certain it was coyote hunters maybe not from our group but it is highly likely and I found quite a few of them outside of the wranglers area. I even found them on top of fresh tire tracks and one in an area that I hunted the previous day that was not there then. I just dont want it to look like our group are the ones who left a mess..

It would have been more effective if you had said something at the Saturday night raffle meeting.  Trying to target one or two azzholes by posting on a public forum is counter productive in my view.  Some of those guys at the hunt don't even belong to FnF.   

bigben

I don't condone littering at all.  but busting some guys chops because you don't see empty beer cans rolling around in the back of a truck is kinda over the top.  I normally have a case of open beer in the truck all the time in the winter months but don't drink and drive.  which means I am drinking at a friends house or at the cabin.  (I just like having my own beer instead of moochin off someone else.)  I throw my cans away there.  plus if your throwing em in the back of the truck some do fly out depending on the speed of the vehicle.  you can do as you please but busting someones chops because ya don't see beer cans rollin around in the back of his truck is over the top IMO. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

securpro

Again I am not accusing anyone or even our group. I am simply saying that from an outsiders view that it looks alot like our group. I hunt LBL 4 or 5 times a year and yes I do see trash but not all the same cans and not as much as I seen on sunday morning. Like I said previously ,There were cans on top of tire tracks and even on top of snow (it didn't snow until saturday morning) most of it was done saturday evening.  Semp I am sorry if I offended you or anybody else but I didn't notice the most of it till sunday thats why I didn't bring it up at the Diner.

securpro

pitw

Well Ben if that's what you think then that is fine with me.  If you pull into my yard or stop by in the field you best have the half full case covered then right :wink:.  Remember where I live we see maybe one vehicle a day the rest of the year but hunting season brings the hogs out in force :wink:.   
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

securpro

No problem.  All is good.  I'd just like to think that the FnF family is better than that. 

bigben

Quote from: pitw on February 08, 2011, 10:29:31 AM
  Well Ben if that's what you think then that is fine with me.  If you pull into my yard or stop by in the field you best have the half full case covered then right :wink:.  Remember where I live we see maybe one vehicle a day the rest of the year but hunting season brings the hogs out in force :wink:.

I understand and don't blame ya for your thoughts on the hogs.  and if a farmer turned me away and never told me why that would be fine.  but if one turned me away by telling me I was a hog and a jerk for his assumption of me throwing beer cans out the window I would have to politely correct him.  I do trash cleanup with the scouts and the two things I hate cleaning up the most is beer cans/bottles and cigarette butts.  mostly the cigarette butts though. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

CCP

securpro, I may have solved the mystery. On my way out Sunday I turned a corner and seen 2 guys parked in the road taking a wizz both had a beer in there hand. Neither one was at the cabin or at the drawing.

One look in my truck and a guy can see I never throw anything out or drink beer.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net