• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL Ky Side Bobcat Season

Started by weedwalker, July 21, 2012, 05:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

E-mail I got from LBL when I asked about this years bobcat season on the Kentucky side......................

Hello Ed,
LBL has extended its bobcat season through the end of February.  The 2012-2013 Small Game and Waterfowl Hunting information sheet is now posted on LBL's website, and a printable version should be posted by the end of next week.  Good luck on your hunt.
Steve

Steve Bloemer
Wildlife Program Manager
USDA Forest Service
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, Kentucky 42211
270-924-2069

weedwalker

Kentucky: The bobcat and otter hunting season is Dec. 1-Feb. 28. All bobcats and otters must be Telechecked and tagged according to state regulations. The statewide season limit is five bobcats and six otters per person, (only three bobcats may be taken with a gun), including bobcats and otters harvested on LBL. Bobcats and otters may be hunted during daylight hours only. Legal weapons are those specified for small game hunting, or for deer archery hunting during the Dec.-Jan. bow season. Hand- or mouth-operated and electronic calls are permitted for bobcat hunting.

weedwalker

It says weapons specified for small game. (Rimfire or shotguns with #4 shot or smaller). I've sent them another e-mail to see if centerfire rifles or shotguns with "T" shot will be legal for bobcats during the month of February. I'll post their answer when I get it.

CCP

My guess it will be like the TN side and only be able to harvest Bobcat with Rimfire and #4 shot.. :sad:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

Now all I gotta do is find a bobcat.    :huh:  With a 5 cat limit, one would think they would be running around everywhere.   :nono:

Thanks for the info, Ed.

riverboss

Ive seen 3 in the last 2 years and always after season is over, This is great news in deed thanks Ed.

FinsnFur

Yah they make it sound like there's plenty there. And thats a good thing :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Thanks Ed!! Hope I can use a CF on em. Otherwise I might have to try shotgunning coyotes.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

After speaking with HaMeR today about bobcats in the LBL when he told me that centerfire was good for bobcats too, I sent LBL an e-mail myself. Here is their response..............

Ed,
During the month of February, weapons legal for coyotes are legal for bobcats on LBL.
Steve

Steve Bloemer
Wildlife Program Manager
USDA Forest Service
Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, Kentucky 42211
270-924-2069

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:13 PM
To: Bloemer, Steven R -FS
Subject: FW: Email from LBL.org Bobcat Hunting

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:43 PM
To: FS-LBL Info
Subject: Email from LBL.org Bobcat Hunting

I was wondering about bobcat hunting during the month of February while centerfire rifles and "T" shot is legal for coyotes. (Which I will also be hunting.) Are those same weapons allowed for bobcats too, or are they still restricted to rimfire still during that month?

Thank You,
Ed Lay

coyote101

Thanks for researching that Ed.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

Quote from: coyote101 on January 09, 2013, 08:21:49 PM
Thanks for researching that Ed.  :congrats:

Pat

HaMeR gets the credit for this. He was ahead of me with the same question to them.
BUT, you would have thought he would let us know by now. :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

:laf: :laf: @ weedwalker!!

I did send a 2nd email & was waiting for a reply to that one. Haven't gotten it yet tho.

Here's mine.

Glen,   I’m a little confused about your question but I will try and clarify for you.
During the month of Jan (when you’re coming) in Tennessee and Kentucky portions of LBL.  You may only use Archery, rim fire or shotgun weapons, to kill bobcat and or coyotes.  During the month of Feb center fire weapons may be used to take bobcat or coyotes in LBL.
In Kentucky you must telecheck and tag the bobcats according to state regulations (only three may be taken with a gun)
In Tennessee you may take one per day.  They will need to be tagged with Tennessee US Cites tags in order to be exported from the U.S.  Contact TWRA regional office for instructions.   It is illegal to use rifles & handguns using center fire ammunition from 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise.
I hope this clarifies your question.  rmj

Richard Jenkins LEI

100 Van Morgan Drive

Golden Pond Ky 42211

phone # 270-924-2132

Cell # 270-703-0135

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11