• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL 2013

Started by linemansteve, February 07, 2013, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linemansteve

Just letting everyone know I had a GREAT time at the LBL this year. Getting to see everyone and meet old friends again and share in a few hunts with them. The gatherings around the fire and the story swapping was fun.  I wanted to thank all who brought items for the saturday night meal and drawing's, the food was great as where the give away item's. I happen to to lucky enough to win the painted turkey feather that Wade made and I have to say it is really cool.  Friday morning when centerfire season opened I took my new gun and new call I bought from Brad and to to a area I wanted to hunt. I walked about 200 yards in the woods and decided to make a practice set to see how the gun felt and try the new call. On my third series with the call I caught movement on my right side and had a coyote coming in fast. He stopped 25 yards below me broadside and was looking down the hill when he looked my way the hammer was already dropping. He ran down the hill about 80 yards and expired by the creek. He was a good sized well colored male. This really made my day.   
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

WldWldWest

Way to go Steve :bowingsmilie:
I knew that call would be a good one! I have Brad making me a Open reed and a closed reed out of that Redwood!

Goodlookin rifle too btw!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

riverboss

That sure was a nice coyote you shot :highclap: The gun and call were also very nice, It was fun to spend time and hunt some with you again Steve, I cant wait till next year.

FinsnFur

Stuck him good :congrats: There's lots a red in that pic.
Nicely done sir Steve. Thanks for sharing it with us. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 07, 2013, 05:34:46 PM
Stuck him good :congrats: There's lots a red in that pic.
Nicely done sir Steve. Thanks for sharing it with us. :wink:

All that red matches that new call!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Frogman

Great write up Steve!  WTG and good shooting! 

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Uhadme@gobble

Way to go Steve......that's one more than I got! Good look'n dog & AR!!!! it was awful nice to meet you and hang around with ya for a  spell. Look forward to seeing you on another hunt!

iahntr

Scott

Dave

Very nice for just a practice set. 

HaMeR

Sweet!! Now that's how you bloody a new rifle Steve!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11