• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman's LBL2013 pics #5

Started by Frogman, February 07, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

After a great get together on Saturday evening we got up early on Sunday morning for some more hunting.

After several morning stands Jon and I set up for a noon set.   I was calling this time with one of Jon's Black Dog calls which is my favorite call.  I was doing real high pitched  distress screams to try to cut the strong winds we had that day.  Jon was behind me to my left rear.  I caught movement to my left and saw a coyote coming in fast.  It was to far in front of Jon for him to be able to see it.  When the coyote dropped down into the creek I shifted my rifle around.  When it came up out of the creek I fired.  Knocked to dog off the creek bank and down into the creek out of my sight.  The coyote let out some growls and then got quiet.  I stayed put in case he came out of the creek.  Jon came up and saw the dog in the creek out in front of him.  It was hit hard.  He finished it off and we had number two down!

Here is the pic I took just after shooting the coyote.

And the other shots after we recovered the dog.

We hunted hard on Monday and Tuesday with no further success.  Here are some photos . . .

Had a great time!  Jon hunts hard and just about walked my ass off.  We got in about 50 stands in 5 days of hunting.  It sure paid off with two dogs down. 

I'd like to thank all those who helped organize the LBL hunt!  Also thanks to all who donated items for the drawing.  And thanks to slagmaker and friends who contributed to the Saturday evening meal! 

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures.  I'm already looking forward to next year!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

possumal

Thanks for posting so many good pictures, Jim.  It is obvious you guys had a great time.  Nothing like quality time spent with friends.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Uhadme@gobble

another fine lbl dog Jim !!! Congrats!! That Remington is swweeettt!!

FinsnFur

Couple of killin machines is what yas is :eyebrow:

Cant thank you enough for the pics Jim. Not all of us can make it that far down, and it provides a way for us to enjoy a little bit of the fun you all had. :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Thanks a lot Jim for putting all the pictures up.  :congrats:
Those of us not being able to attend really appreciate ya takin the time.
Scott

Dave

Great job on posting all the pics -really enjoyed them.  Looks like everyone had a great time out there!