• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Trying to make it to the LBL

Started by slagmaker, January 10, 2010, 09:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

OK I have decided I really need to put some effort into it if I am gona make it to the LBL.

I have a cousin, Darrin. He lives just north of Evansville. He would like to go. SO I figure if I can pick up some riders so it spreads the gas bill a little I should be able to go.

I will be leaving from the Greensburg, IN Area. Take interstate 65South to Lousiville, KY and hit interstate 64West to Evansville,IN. Pick up Darrin and then head to the LBL. Darrin can be gone for 2 nights. that would be us leaving Friday morning to get there and being back home on Sunday Evening.

Now for the logstics.

If anyone knows of someone that wants to go and they are along that route OR along the US Route 50 corridor through Indiana let me know. I have an extended cab F150 and Darrin has a Blazer so we will have room if ya want to exchange gear and stuff.

I want to go, Darrin wants to go. We both enjoy this type of event. As we dont get a lot of chances to do this together I am tryig to figure out a way so we can both go. IF he can't I still want to go.

I belive it was TopDawg I was talking to the other day in chat and he said he has a Cousin in the lousiville area that is wanting to go. I have sent a PM to TopDawg "I hope it was he I was talking to" so I can find out what I can find out there.

If anyone has travel suggestions to help offset the expense of travel let me know.

Its getting close!!
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

Quote from: slagmaker on January 10, 2010, 09:04:22 AM

If anyone has travel suggestions to help offset the expense of travel let me know.

I think it was CCP who showed in a video last year how to help with that :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Quote from: pitw on January 10, 2010, 10:26:04 AM
Quote from: slagmaker on January 10, 2010, 09:04:22 AM

I think it was CCP who showed in a video last year how to help with that :wink: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:.

Here ya go Slag....... :biggrin:

http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?topic=8049.0

slagmaker

I havnt clicked the link yet :holdon: cause I cant shake the feeling I am being set up. :wo: well that and videos dont do well with my internet. :shrug:

slagmaker

Cant load the video. I will take my laptop into town and use a WiFI spot sometime in the next few days.

slagmaker

OK it is getting closer to the LBL. It appears at this time I will be able to attend but still hammering out the last of the details. My couisn has said he should be going with me.

With that said, now we just need a place to throw a sleeping pallet. Anyone got any extra room at a cabin or should Darrin and I just bring the cold weather tent? Rather be inside but a tent wouldnt be out of the question

I almost have everyting figured out just got to hammer out sleeping arrangements.

KySongDog

Slag

On the KY Hunting site, this guy has some beds.  BGTURKEYHUNTER.  I don't know him.  You might contact him if you still need a bed.

http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/showthread.php?p=894240#post894240

weedwalker

I haven't met him either, but have talked to him on the phone. He wants to follow me to LBL on that Thursday. I go right past where he lives. :shrug:

pitw

Quote from: weedwalker on January 19, 2010, 06:03:13 AM
  He wants to follow me to LBL on that Thursday.

Why :confused: You bringing the booze :shrug:.

pitw

I'm trying to slag.  Got the bin full yesterday so that's off the "you ain't leaving until it's done list".

Today will be bacon smoking and I have to look at a house our boy Tevis is thinking of purchasing. :doh2:
I also got my AMA membership yesterday just in case.  The lady on the phone said that yes I was covered in any of my private vehicles and when I said all 13 she told me I couldn't have that many :laf:.

slagmaker

Talked with Palegro last night in chat and he may have a place for me and my cousin to bunk. My cousin is at hes Girlfriends sisters fuenreal today so when he gets a chance were supposed to talk some more and see what kind of camping gear he still has. We may just pitch a tent if we both still ahve the winter weather gear. We may even be able to come downn a day earlier than thought.

More info as it happens

Bopeye

I look forward to meeting so many of you. Looks like Chet and I will only be there Saturday as he is banged up and I ain't doing to good myself again. Saturday is better than nothing though. Stick us with pain meds and we'll be good.  :eyebrownod:
I'll be getting my series of shots in my spine on the 27th, so that should last well into the LBL time. Won't feel much in my back that way.  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

slagmaker

Quote from: Bopeye on January 19, 2010, 11:40:39 AM
I'll be getting my series of shots in my spine on the 27th, so that should last well into the LBL time. Won't feel much in my back that way.  :wink:

GOOD GAWD MAN! :holdon: That just dont sound like no fun at all.  :noway:

We should be there on friday. It depends on the time of day we leave Mackey. If I can get down to my cousin on Thursday, we may be able to leave very early on Friday. That would put us there Friday about noonish.

that is barring anything unforseen.