• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Weedwalker's LBL Trip/Pics

Started by weedwalker, February 07, 2010, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

I had a GREAT time again at the LBL Hunt this year. And 1st off, I'd like to thank everybody who donated their prizes and time to make it a very enjoyable get together. :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:

Well, I got there about 10:00 AM on Wednesday and unloaded a mountain of mostly un-needed hunting gear and apparel into my cabin. After getting settled in, Semp shows up and is ready to hunt. So we headed out for a few stands. I don't remember how many we made, but about 3:30 PM I was doing fawn distress on my Lil-Dog and had a coyote come in to 30 yards straight in front of me. It was thick sapplings but I took a shot with my shotgun and Dead Coyote "T" shot. The coyote let out a loud yelp, then took off over the hill. Semp and I tracked blood for about 400 yards until it started getting dark on us and we had to quit on it. It probably wasn't much farther ahead because it couldn't of had much blood left in it. :shrug:
Thursday, Semp and I went out for a few more stands. We parked right at the edge of the lake, where I noticed an old log road continuing on along the bank past where we parked. :innocentwhistle: We climbed uphill to get on the ridges, then went out past the 2nd ridge to make a stand. It was open hardwoods with a thicket in the valley that went back down to the lake. Semp offered to do the calling. He used his Critter Call and made just a few rabbit distress squals, and a coyote comes running out of the thicket below me. It's coming in starting and stopping several times. She stopped again and I think knew something was up. She was looking like she was ready to leave so I took a long shot at her. She ran about 200 yds onto the next ridge. It took a little while of us looking for her, but Semp found her finally. Well, as all those valleys go to the lake, I remebered seeing that log road where we parked. I thought why not just follow the valley to the lake and walk that road back to the Jeep? :wo: I didn't realise we were on about a 100 acre point that stuck out into the lake. :nono: We walked in to hunt about 300 yards, but walked out about 1 1/2 miles dragging that coyote. :doh2:

Friday, Linemansteve and I go for a hunt in the rain. About noon, he makes the quickest kill I've ever seen on a stand. :eyebrownod: I'll let him tell that story.
Saturday, I was out hunting with Semp in the afternoon. After some more fawn distress on my Lil-Dog, we got busted by a coyote that just magicaly appeared (FM).
Sunday I just hung out trying to catch up with everybody before going home.
I had a great time with a great bunch of guys. Made some new freinds and got to see my old freinds again. The time there just goes way too fast.

Picture of donated gifts

:hahaha:New Prostaff Member, He can tell that story :wink:

Prostaff Hat

weedwalker

More Pics.......

WK Ed and Deer Daddy from Kentucky Hunting forum

Reggie and Dave

CCP

Yotehunter Brad

possumal

Mighty fine story and pictures, Big Ed.  Sure wish I could have been there with you guys.  Glad you guys had a good turnout and a nice gathering.   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

More Pics....

HaMeR and Chet's long lost cousin, Wild Wild West

Interesting conversation

weedwalker

More Pics........

Slagmaker with his Bear bait

Straycat, possibly after eating Reggies chili. (It was good chili Reggie)

The last few fellows at Richards cabin. I sure hated to leave

FinsnFur

Looks like ya's had way too much fun.
I'm looking forward to the pics as they come in, thanks for feeding my urge.
By the way nice job on the yote, weed~ :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Thanks Jim, I shoulda had 1 or 2 more, but that's huntin'.
We missed ya down there. Maybe next year..........

Jeb

Congrats Weed !! :congrats: :congrats:
                   Jeb

alscalls

:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Thanks for posting.....I was having withdraws..... :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Yep, like the others said, wished I could have been there,
and congrats on the yote. Thanks a bunch for sharin the pics with us !
Looks like a great time ! Sounds like the weather could've
been better, but it coulda been worse too, glad ya all had safe travels.
Scott

vvarmitr

Thanks for posting the pix Ed.  :biggrin:

Hidehunter

Thanks for sharing the pics.  I sure wish I could have went
Denver                                           

pitw

Ed it was more than a pleasure meeting you and I want to thank you for all your help in getting me prepared for this trip :readthis:. You are a class act :bowingsmilie:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

weedwalker

Thank you Barry. You were already a good freind before we even met. And shaking your hand just reinforced a freindship that has now been set in stone. You're welcome at my campfire anytime Barry. :yoyo:

Ed

HaMeR

Barry-- Tell everybody here what your 1st impression was of Ed.  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11