• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Reasons for wanting a truck.

Started by Todd Rahm, April 26, 2010, 11:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

I picked Wyatt up from school and on the way out we drove by a short bus the school had out front for sale. I told Wyatt "I'm gona buy that for ya and it can be your first vehicle when ya get your license."  :biggrin:

He laughed and said "Nope Dad, I'm getting a truck" I looked back as he was looking out at the bus and said "Why do you want a truck?" He state so matter of factually and as serious as could be "Because, I'm going to be Redneck Dad."  :alscalls:

Man I laughed so hard it hurt. Must be some kind of talk he's having with his school buddies.  :shrug: While I was a bit proud (Better then most options), the wife will be peeved. She already thinks I act like a hick.  :innocentwhistle:

So it looks like that Toyota Tacoma of mine needs a 5 inch lift, some nice 32 AT's and some badd ass bumpers before I pass it on in a few years.  :yoyo:

alscalls

Let me know if ya need any tips....... :biggrin:                                                        :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Todd Rahm

Nope, I have seen your cabin.  :biggrin: Your not redneck, your straight hillbilly.  :alscalls: <---and the laughy has your name.  :nono:

Bopeye

That's my boy!!  :highclap:  Tell him ole' Bop is proud of him again.

What this world needs is just a few more rednecks.  :biggrin:
Someone should make that into a song. Oh, I forgot, they already did.  :wink:

BTW, Todd. I'm a hillbilly and Al has me beat to pieces, so you know what us redneck hillbillies call him? Aw nevermind.......... :nono:

Ya ever see the show with Billy Ray Cyrus talking about the history of Hillbilly? It's been on a few times.
Anyway, the original term "Redneck" actually got started in West Virginia. In the 20's the coal miners were being used as basically slaves by the rich coal companies. Company housing, company store, got paid with company money instead of real cash, so they basically just worked to stay alive and gave all their money back to the company.
They started organizing and got unions in north west virginny. The southern part of the state didn't want none and lots of killings started taking place. Thousands of northern miners marched with guns toward the south to break the strangle hold. They all wore a "red hankerchief" around their neck, hence the term "redneck". They almost got decimated by machine gun fire and bombs dropped by planes before the government finally stepped in, but that's how the term started or so they say.  :eyebrownod:

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

I think that short bus would be kinda nice, all jacked up with some Super Swampers, a blower, etc. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

http://www.countryhumor.com/redneck/mightbe.htm

Man, I think I qualify.

This must be what Wyatt has in mind?  :shrug:

163. You can change the oil in your truck without ducking your head.

Two I have seen in my home town that arent on this list are

301. If you staple wall paper to the wall cause its easier. (Grandma, bless her)
302. If you try to remove the lawn more blade by placing a wrench on blade nut and try to pull start the lawn mower. (Uncle) :doh2:

and the biggest running joke between me and my brother was I was gona be the first one in the family to reach 30 with all my teeth.  :nono:

Hawks Feather

Todd,

You might want to rethink that bus thing.  A truck can have a bed, but that bus could have a BED.

Jerry

Coulter

Didn't BOP ride the "short bus" to school :alscalls: :alscalls:

Carolina Coyote

Todd you have got a real boy there.  :congrats: :congrats: cc

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Todd Rahm

Tahnks fellas.

Bop, tell him that bus looked long when ya set in the back seats.   :biggrin: