• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

what side or lbl is everyone thinking of hunting ky/tn

Started by topdawg, January 16, 2007, 04:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topdawg

I was just wondering  what side of lbl people were going to hunt. I already have my ky license and plan on hunting the ky side. If i need to i can get a tenn. license. Just depends on what everyone else is doing.

Jeremy Thompson
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

centerfire_223

I'm hunting Kentucky myself but there will be several that hunt Tennessee.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

DirtyDog

I actually plan on buying the KY 5 day or 3 day, whatever it is. I don't want to limit myself to just one area. I do want to try TN at least to try my hand at a cat.

Joe

Mallardsr

Kentucy side is waaaay better ! For cats and coyotes ! Trust me I wouldnt lead you astray. Just ask Jimmy.  :innocentwhistle:

studabaka

I'm licensed up for both and if Mallard points me in the right direction I may spend an afternoon wandering with the Elk and Bison.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

DirtyDog

Is the bobcat season still open in KY at that point?  :wo:

Joe

Mallardsr

Foiled again ! Just had to point that out didn't ya!   :eyebrownod:

FinsnFur

I dont even know if I'm bringing a rifle or buying a liscense. I may spend the days riading cabins and eating.

Just like an ol Boar coon  :laf:

Leave the conibears at home  :shck:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

If the weather stays rainy I might just join ya in the raiding. Hopefully we will get some sun and/or snow.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Mallardsr

Conibears ? After eatin all that food ,you'll be easy to find. Just look at the bottom of the nearest oak tree. :laf:

Roundman

topdawg

i think jan 31 is the last day to hunt bobcats in ky
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

Bopeye

I reckon I'll be hunting the Tennessee side............or I may just join Jim in raiding cabins...... :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Jimmie in Ky

Finding th elk and bison range is easy, just head north on the trace from the Golden Pond Visitors center and your there. And do bring your camera and get one of hte maps they have for it. There is a huge bull elk that likes to hide in one area. If you watch carefully you can get a look at him.Last time I saw him he barely lifted his head to scratch his butt. OH, dont do as the other tourist do and park in the way of the bufalo when they cross the roads. I have had some real good laughs when a big bull starts to scratch his fanny on one of these so called compact cars full of people  :roflmao: You never heard a woman scream until she thinks her car is about to go over. One got to scratching his neck and lifted a mini van just a wee bit :eyebrownod: Pic taking came to a quick hault for them.

Who the heck uses conibears for two legged varmints any way? Bear traps work a heck of a lot better . But maybe a 330 in the cooler will catch 'em and hold them a little while til they chew their arm off .Jimmie

DGF

I have taken 5 out of 7 coyoties called up in the last two weeks on the TN side.

Mallardsr

All those kills and no pics or stories?  :rolleye: We love pics and stories! Especially at LBL. Come on lets have it.  :biggrin:  RP

DGF

I Am not very good at telling stories. I have been hunting LBL since 1984 and have gotten to know a few good spots, I am not very good with a computer either, wanted to change some sounds on my Foxpro and erased about half, a freind that was able to fix it for me. There are a lot o9f dogs there you all should have a good time.