• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Gone fishing

Started by remrogers, June 17, 2020, 09:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Gone fishing. Will be back in four or five days.

pitw

Luck Rem.
I have to wait until the 28th.  :pout:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

We want pics or it didnt happen  :innocentwhistle:
GoPro clips are double points :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

There aint no fat to trim off on that message  :biggrin:

remrogers

Lucky I remembered to take any pictures. You can tell I don't use my phone very often. Spent two days fishing on Crane Prairie and had a great time. Four of us on the boat and in two days, probably caught nearly 80 fish. I managed to loose the largest fish of the trip. My drag locked up and the 7 pound leader was no match for that rainbow. John said it was way over 24 inches in length. All I know is looked like a submarine. Hard to say who was more disappointed when the leader popped. Had to release all non-hatchery rainbows and they were about 75% of all the fish we caught.

Shore of Crane Prairie In central Oregon.

One of the smaller ones.

My buddy John with one of the larger ones. And my big finger almost blocking the whole lens.

pitw

No snow suits. :doh2:

Looks like a wonderful place to spend some time Rem.  Glad ya gotta go. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Looks like you and your buddies had a great time.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

chieftain

FinsnFur

That top pic looks like some crazy good water :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

remrogers

The place averages around 12 foot deep, but is full of insect life. One of the trout we kept had it's stomach crammed full of tiny snails. Fresh water shrimp, snails, and tons of insects give the fish a terrific growth rate and the meat looks like salmon. There are some huge fish in that place. Only caught one brook trout per day, but they were 14 to 19 inches long. There are a lot of bass there also. For whatever reason, the timber was never cut before the reservoir was flooded and you don't get in a big hurry going across the place. There is still some standing timber, a lot of floating logs, and many, many stumps just below the water surface. There is Davis lake, just south a few miles that is fly fishing only. All trout need to be returned to the water, but you can take as many bass, of any size, that you can catch. Have seen some five and six pound largemouth come out of there.