• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Daughter scored today

Started by bambam, November 23, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

We froze our butts off for 3 hours but she hung in there and got a big 4 point .

Hawks Feather

Nice buck.  Her smile made the wait worth the wait.

Jerry

riverboss

Way to go!🙌 She shoots she scores. Nice buck and congratulations to you both.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

HuntnCarve

Congrats on a fine trophy and another great memory!

Dave

Dave

Tell your daughter congrats!  That'll be a good eating buck - looks like a lung shot.  Any story with it?

Okanagan

Congratulations!  That is a fine hefty looking buck and a GREAT photo!

bambam

Quote from: Dave on November 23, 2017, 07:29:07 PM
Tell your daughter congrats!  That'll be a good eating buck - looks like a lung shot.  Any story with it?

Thanks everyone !  We actually had decided to shoot anything today. We can shoot bucks or does and she had held out for a buck but all we were seeing were does. Needless to say, when we decide to shoot does they all stayed in the brush and she couldn't get a clear shot. We decided to change stands and warm up, and by a stroke of luck, I saw a set of ears in some tall broomsage. Then I saw spikes. She got ready and when it jumped up she nailed it in the base of the neck. I never saw the beams, but we ain't complaining. No track job, it went down like a ton of rocks.

FinsnFur

Thats awesome.
Proud Dad, and a very happy daughter whos a dang good shot. :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Purdy darn cool right there!! A great hunt for sure!! Way to go young Lady!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

Nothing better for a dad than to be with his daughter when she is hunting and being successful !!  I know where this young lady gets her good looks and it ain't from her daddy. :wink:  Tell her an old soldier out in the desert said CONGRATULATIONS
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

Very Nice!!!! Its always awesome to see the young ladies out there being successful.  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

bambam

Thanks everyone !!  John, I guess I have to quit telling everyone she got her momma's brains and my good looks .  :sad: :iroll:

pitw

I've been terrified of opening this thread after reading the title. :sad3: :shock2:

Heck of deer Ray and feel proud. :highclap:

You to Bam. :bowingsmilie:

How's he taste?
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bambam

Quote from: pitw on December 05, 2017, 08:09:28 PM
  I've been terrified of opening this thread after reading the title. :sad3: :shock2:

How's he taste?

Delicious !!  4 bags of jerky are almost gone already .

pitw

Quote from: bambam on December 06, 2017, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: pitw on December 05, 2017, 08:09:28 PM

How's he taste?

Delicious !!  4 bags of jerky are almost gone already .

Mouse problem? :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Back to the girl and the buck:  :biggrin:  She is an exceptionally pretty young woman and looks so wholesome you've got to be proud. And she can shoot!

The buck has an odd rack.  I killed a blacktail in mid-coast California one time with similar antlers.  Mine was really OLD, with tall almost straight antlers that had a point going straight forward near the top of each, an ugly fork horn.  He was in velvet, in that weird hot July deer season California has or used to have.  He had a crude steel arrowhead lodged against his spine in the middle of his back, long grown over with gristle, looking like it had hit him many years before.   Big bodied deer.

bambam

Quote from: Okanagan on December 07, 2017, 09:13:12 AM
Back to the girl and the buck:  :biggrin:  She is an exceptionally pretty young woman and looks so wholesome you've got to be proud. And she can shoot!

The buck has an odd rack.  I killed a blacktail in mid-coast California one time with similar antlers.  Mine was really OLD, with tall almost straight antlers that had a point going straight forward near the top of each, an ugly fork horn.  He was in velvet, in that weird hot July deer season California has or used to have.  He had a crude steel arrowhead lodged against his spine in the middle of his back, long grown over with gristle, looking like it had hit him many years before.   Big bodied deer.

Thanks , I think she's pretty but I'm biased of course.  :innocentwhistle: Smart too. Junior nursing student. I don't even want to admit how much better she can shoot than me.  :rolleye:

JohnP

bambam said:   "I think she's pretty but I'm biased of course.  :innocentwhistle: Smart too. Junior nursing student. I don't even want to admit how much better she can shoot than me.  :rolleye:"

I think most of us dad's think of our daughters the same as you do bambam.  I know my daughter can out shoot me and I'm a graduate of several Army sniper courses.  And I know damn well she is pretty and of course I'm bias as any dad should be and she was also a graduate of a nursing school and later a hospital administrator.

Well bambam seems as if you and I are doing something right with our girls. :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs