• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

anybody hunting yet?

Started by BasinBoy, August 13, 2007, 05:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BasinBoy

so has anybody started to chase mule deer with there bow. i know the seasons started in nevada already

studabaka

White tails in NC starting Sept 6th  :biggrin:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Bills Custom Calls

In 100 degree heat  :nofgr:  I think I will wait
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Archery deer season opens September 1 in Kaintuckee.  Its got to cool down some for me to go though.  The meat will spoil in a hurry in this heat.

Semp

CypressSlough

Archery season starts Oct. 1 in Arkansas. If this 104* heat doesn't move on out, there won't be much point in going. I'd just be fighting the snakes and mosquitoes.

Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

Sept. 15 here for Whitetail Bow
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

The Rock

October 13th for Bull Elk muzzleloader and October 20th for Muledeer muzzleloader for me in NewMexico.

Saw two coyotes cross the road Friday but, left them alone for R.J. (DogWoodCreek) when he comes in October. :wink:

cb223

Not huntin yet, still to hot. Coyote and crow is about all that is  open. Small game is Sept. 15. Archery deer is Oct. 1, I will be out for that one. Bow hunting is fast becoming one of my favorites!
CHAD

wv_yoter

Archery season come's in Oct. 13. :biggrin: Coyote season is year round but it's awfully hot and the woods are still thick.
Jason

FOsteology

Mucho rain the first part of the summer.... and the last half has been extremely hot and humid. As if the heat and humidity wasn't enough to deal with, the mosquitoes are in full force and I swear are the size of hummingbirds!  :laf:

Feral hogs have gone completely nocturnal, and don't move around much. Pretty much sticking to area's that have plenty of water, mud, and food on hand..... too much effort to bother going after them what with the heat, humidity, and mosquitoes. Plus, they're infested with lice and fleas anyways....

I did manage to kill a nice young Axis buck a couple weeks ago with my 9,3x62mm. Axis meat makes for some mighty fine table fare!

Looking forward to some cooler tempts. as I'm heading up to Western Washington next weekend to hunt with Bearmanric for awhile. Hopefully one of us will be able to call in a bruin.

horndog

Deer,Elk,and Bear open here August 30th. looking forward to doing alot of hunting this year. :biggrin:
LIVE TO HUNT YHE YELLOW DOG

Jerry Hunsley

Archery antelope is on here in S.D. Weather has  been pretty good for hunting although I don't hunt them anymore. Went with a buddy the other day to deliver feed and saw lots of nice bucks. I am getting the bug to go after coyotes. The mornings are cool enough now to go. Me and ole Slydog will be getting out very soon I think. Maybe we can get some good video. I just got one of those mounts for cam-corders that fasten onto your scope. Looks like a good deal.

ohiobob

Just Goose Hunting here,,Bow comes in for Deer ina couple more weeks,,if we ever shot a Deer in October and it was hot we would either take it up the road to a farmer and he would let us hang them in his walk in cooler,,if it wasnt working or even BEFORE he had the cooler,,we would strip the Hide off of the deer,,pack the chest with ice,,and then cut it up the next day,,when we saw a BIG Buck in our area,,we didnt CARE how hot it was,,you may only get ONE CHANCE at that BIG Boy,,and the heat wasn't going to deter us,,Plus the Local Lake has an Octoberfest going on EVERY opening day of Bow Season,,we could sit in our stands and listen to the LOUD Music   :yoyo: :yoyo: :biggrin:
Good Luck Everyone
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

BasinBoy

Only 22 more days till the muzzleloader deer season!!! :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

psycho

next weekend here in Tennessee

TookyRiverCalls

Our season opened Sept 15 here in NH.  Been chasing turkeys at first but now I'm moving on to deer seeing I filled my turkey tag.  Would really like to see the first frost before getting out there.  I just might have to try a few spots before that happens and before I head off to PA bow hunting.
www.tookyrivercalls.com
The Last Call Your Turkey Will Ever Hear