• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

steak and a pup (FINALLY GOT THE PICS)

Started by songdog_sniper, September 28, 2006, 02:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

songdog_sniper

Well I headed over to Valley View tx, My buddy told me to bring the wife and the kids over for a little get together. He also told me that there has been a lot of coyotes howling pretty close to his house.  So I loaded everyone up and headed on over. After a big ole steak and taters, we decided to let the wives have the house and we would run over and make a quick stand.  I manned the shotgun and I gave him my Remington 700 BDL.  .223 .     I only had one light that was connected to my shotgun so I was standing out in front of him..  As I was getting ready to start calling, I felt the wind finnaly start blowing, and we were in a bad spot the wind was at our backs,  So I decided to move over about 100 yds and try to call back the direction that we had just came from, but a little farther down.  I liked the setup and everything looked good.  Semi cloudy, not a lot of moon.  Ohh it felt perfect.   I started out with a lone howl.   Almost immediatley  i heard another coyote off in the distance, upwind and about 1/4 mile away.. I waited about 3 mins, and hit my first series, with one of my open reeds, I started soft with about a medium tone I guess you could say,  10 second series, nothing... waited about a minute,  did my second series,  about 10 seconds after my last note, I noticed some bouncing eyes coming from against the treeline that we had just been sitting next to.  I told My buddy shane to get ready,  He tried to move into postion but the trees were just in the way.  The Coyote hung up on the fence line..  A little lip squeak and here he came.  I was the only one with a shot and he took a Hevi-shot Dead coyote load at 15 yds.    Dropped in like a rock.  I did a some coyote distresses but nothing came in.  I have some pics but they are on his camera, I forgot mine of course.  If I would have been prepared, we probably wouldn't have got anything.  :biggrin:   I'll have the pics in a couple of days,  It was another young pup,  Nice coat on him though.  I hope this winters furs are gonna be good. I can't wait.    Well I hope you enjoyed this long story but that's the only ones I know how to tell.   lol...  Aaron.
IT TOOK A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT I FINALLY GOT THE PICS FROM MY BUDDY.  HERE THEY ARE.

Brad H

You forgot your camera!!!???? That's okay, I can wait.

Sounds like it was a good start to the new season.

Brad

vvarmitr

A long story is better than no story. Besides I enjoyed the details. Just waiting on the pic's. :biggrin:

keekee

Thats cool! Great stoie! You haft to love it when it all comes togeather!

Brent

songdog_sniper

I know,  NO CAMERA.  I should have known better. 
I'll have the pics as soon as he sends them to me.  lol... :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site Aaron
Sounds like you couldn't have had a better day. Nice Job.   :congrats:

Yeah don't forget to bring us some pics.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com