• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

News:

In memory of, and honoring, the men and woman whom never made it back home, serving our country.

Main Menu

grey fox pup in distress call?

Started by cathryn, January 13, 2012, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathryn

we're lookin at havin a little fun and dont wanna necessarily go for strictly yotes.

have heard that grey foxes will come in aggressivly to a pup in distress call.

any ideas or recommendations?

FinsnFur

My experience is that grey fox will come into anything that doesnt sound like a threat or intimidating. They are one of the easiest critters to call, and when they come they come hard and fast.

Come to think of it, there's a video clip somewhere. Randy Anderson movie maybe  :shrug: ...they had one come in so hard it bounced off the chest of the caller who sat leaning against a fence post.

I watched one bounce off the rear tire of a truck while parked and calling from the bed of the truck.
I watched another one jump over the barrel of a caller laying in the prone position.

Grey Fox are typically hyper, and eager to come in like a bolt of lightning to anything that sounds like a free meal. But it dont take them long to asses the situation and bug out either. :nono:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Yotehntr

Kettle Creek calls makes a few calls that I've heard are fox stompers... so much so that I'm afraid that foxpro has bought him out...  I haven't tried but see if you can google him..  he has one called the Griz-N-Gray...?  (I haven't heard it) it has a good reputation though.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

cathryn

thanks for the info guys.

i had heard greys came in hard and fast.

we have a few around here..have seen em from time to time.

sounds like fun.

we are definitely gonna check into a call.

Hawks Feather

5 SHOTS

Get the young lady out there blowing on a hand call. :yahoo:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

cathryn

im pretty good at blowing.   :alscalls: LMFAO!

seriously. we're gonna give callin greys a shot. my son and i were talklin bout it this evenin.

i saw tracks to a pair of greys this mornin on a farm while we were checkin traps.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com