• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Say hello to my little friend...

Started by Coulter, January 05, 2013, 03:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Tony Montana ain't got nothing on this little dude...

He should be in his new home within the next week or two. He has a long ride here from Wisconsin, but I won't hold that against him Jim :innocentwhistle:

I lost way to many ducks this past season due to the lack of a good duck dog. My wife didn't mind another dog in the house (she didn't want a male though) So I finally found a pup with a respectable background. He should fit the bill nicely.

Of course, call production is going to slow down drastically during his training. Priorities are being re-aligned for a spell. I'm going all out on this little guy and making sure he gets trained properly.

Now I just have come up with a name for him. :confused:

Steve

Hawks Feather

With a face like that who cares if she can bring in ducks or not.  She would be great just to have along for the ride.

Jerry

Coulter

I already have a cute face that just goes along for the ride. I have another yellow lab that I bought five years ago...she won't go anywhere near the water. She absolutely hates it, great family pet though.

By the way, this one is a "HE". He comes from a long line of proven hunting dogs. He will be a hunter if it kills me.

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hawks Feather

I saw where you said he, but then read that your wife didn't want another male and thought maybe it was just wishful thinking on your part.     :alscalls:

Jerry

coyotehunter_1

Real handsome little feller you got there Steve.  :highclap:

QuoteNow I just have come up with a name for him. :confused:
Well, we could have a contest for best name?  :eyebrownod:

Dad once had a dog he called "Damit" as in: "Come here, Damit !"  "Damit, NO, not on the rug again !!"  "Get in the truck, Damit !!!" 

:laf:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

FinsnFur

He's a keeper :congrats:
Where up here did ya get him?

By the way, the name?...duh..JIM!  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

"O" those labs, what a way to start a new year , he a beauty. Good luck on the training. cc

Coulter

Jim, He's coming from all the way up in Stone Lake, WI. The name Jim? Um, probably not. But hey don't feel bad, I doubt my wife would let me call him "damit" either.

Jerry, I actually wanted a female as well, but I was open to a male under the right circumstances. He just happened to be the right circumstances. We actually had a deposit on a litter in North Dakota for first pick. Then I found this guy in Wisconsin...bye-bye deposit. He was actually pick of the litter as well, but the breeder decided the guy buying him wasn't suitable and refunded his money.

I can't wait to see what he can do...Our other dog needs a playmate anyway. She's always looks so lonely and bored.

Steve

Hawks Feather

It is incredible the amount of time that it takes to train a good dog, or maybe to train a dog to do good.  We had a speaker (Randy Ward) at one of the Fish and Game meetings who trains bird dogs.  He even put in a wetlands area on his property so that the dogs could get water training several times a week.  I have no idea what he or similar trainers would charge (not that you are interested, just a comment) since the dog basically lives with the trainer for about a year.  I am guessing BIG bucks. 

Jerry

riverboss

Name him Dee Oww Gee. DOG for short :laf: Nice looking dog Steve.

FinsnFur

Wooooooo! So your looking at about a 14 hour drive one way. :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Stocky little rascal!!   

Name him Sit.  Then try to train him!!  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

He looks like a Rusty to me.  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nailbender

Looks like Caliber would fit. As in High Caliber which I hope he turns out to be. Great looking pup!

Coulter

Jerry, I'm hoping it doesn't come down to having him professionally trained. I'm going to do my best with him. Fortunately I have a good friend that ran the K-9 unit for our Game Commission here in western PA. He has already to help me out with him if needed. I'm sure I'll be on the phone with him more than normal.

I thought about making the drive Jim...But they are going to drive him over to PA instead...for a small fee (fortune) of course. There are companies out there that actually delver dogs all over the country. The one I'm using is based in Iowa, but the dog is in Wisconsin. They'll be delivering in OH, PA, NY and ME when they make rounds with my dog.

Keep the names coming...I still haven't settled on anything yet.

Steve