• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Pinche Venado's

Started by FOsteology, November 26, 2014, 09:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Been doing a bit of hunting this month. El Muy Grande has been giving me the slip.  :madd:

Managed to get the oldest boy on a 5yo 9pt buck outside San Angelo this past weekend. Low fence/free range fair chase on 6700 acres of nothing but mesquite and cactus.

Son drilled the shoulders at approx. 80 yards with a 7mm-08 slinging 120gr. TSX
Buck ran all of 35 yards before piling up in some "buffalo burrs". Just dang glad he didn't land in a clump of cactus!

Filling up on turkey and dressing tomorrow, then it's back out into the Tejas brush country!

coyote101

Nice buck,  :highclap: congratulations.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

Yea congrats on a fine looking buck.  I think all the credit goes to his guide (aka Dad).

Jerry

riverboss

Nice deer for sure!!! Father x son good times.

HaMeR

He's a dandy for sure FOs!!!!! Congratulations on a Safe & rewarding hunt to you both!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Carolina Coyote

Nice Rack, The Barnes Bullets are getting more popular they work real good on Hogs for me. Congratulation's to you and your son, I'm sure it will be an event he will remember the rest of his life. cc

HuntnCarve

Congrats to your son on a beautiful buck!   Now it's your turn FOs. :congrats:

Dave

possumal

Love those dark racks!  Kudos to your son. Glad you guys had a good day together. :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

FinsnFur

Nice lookin rack on that one. The boys got that grin of victory :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

That's not the El Muy Grande?
What a beautiful buck. Tell him congrats on La grande!
Chasing does?

Okanagan

Yes, congrats to your son!  What a tall rack, am tickled for him but downright envious! 

msmith

Nice buck. That one is bigger than a Muy Grande around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

FOsteology

Taking my oldest boy back up to college tomorrow morning. He and I will try again for the Muy Grande probably the end of next month in South Texas, as that's when the rut is hot in that part of our state.

Maybe over the next three weeks I'll have an opportunity to give a wt a dirt nap.  :eyebrow:

FOsteology

No tag soup for me this season. Gave a buck the old Nosler dirt nap.  :biggrin:

Not the "muy grande" I've been after.... mainfram 8pt that had broken off his brow tines. Looks like he had been rutting hard this season as he didn't look very big, but his teeth pegged him at 5 1/2 yo.

Spotted him in the chest high dry grass approx. 80 yards away. He was going in the opposite direction, so I gave a short toot on a grunt tube HuntnCarve made for me. Buck spun around and looked in my direction. Placed a 150gr. Nosler Accubomb right under his chin with my Kimber Classic 84M .308

Lights out... and tenders for dinner this evening.  :eyebrow:

HuntnCarve

Congrats FOs! Fine looking buck.  Took it right on down to the wire with that buck tag.   :highclap:

Dave

Carolina Coyote

Love them neck shots "Bang Flop". Nice buck and good shooting.  :congrats: cc

HaMeR

Sweet!! That's a fine buck for sure!! Congratulations on a great shot & a dandy buck!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

KySongDog

FinsnFur

Quick an clean  :eyebrownod: Nice work Fos :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Congrats Fos.  That is a nice looking rack and I am sure the meat will be good.

Jerry