• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Above the clouds

Started by Okanagan, July 31, 2012, 10:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

Code's family went camping and hiking last week in the Olympic Mountains of WA State.  He sent me some photos he took.  Hope it is OK to post these, Code.  Good work with the camera.

The first one is Code's dad, then Code and his brother.  The third pic is of clouds pouring over a ridge line like a waterfall.  I always love the way clouds do that.  The fourth one down is a blacktail buck near camp.

[

iahntr

Very cool ! Love the cloud pics like that. Had a similar experience like that once in Colorado,
but not quite that cool.  Thanks for sharin.
Scott

Frogman

WOW!!  THOSE ARE AWESOME!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

HaMeR

Excellent pictures for sure!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!   :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

I've never seen anything like that before. That is amazing.  :congrats:
Thanks for sharing those.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Carolina Coyote

Spectacular, must have been an awe inspiring experience, would love to see that in person.   :bowingsmilie: cc

possumal

It just doesn't get any better than those pictures.  Kudos to the cameraman.  :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hidehunter

WOW!!!  Very Awesome!!  Beautiful Pics.
Denver                                           

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on August 01, 2012, 05:14:53 AM
I've never seen anything like that before. That is amazing.  :congrats:
Thanks for sharing those.

The Pacific coast where there are mountains close to salt water tends to get this kind of low, dense cloud that moves in off of the water and flows up canyons and over low places in the first row of mountains.  In the valley down in the clouds it is merely foggy.   :wo:  The best I've seen of this is on foggy mornings in Southern California viewed from on top in the Malibu Mountains.

Except out on the coastal plain and Straits to the right in these  sunset photos, the clouds are covering deep steep V canyons.

The sunset photos are looking west by northwest aligned with the Strait of Juan de Fuca, toward the southern tip of the Kamchatka Peninsula on the other side of the Pacific.  (Checked that on a globe a few minutes ago). :wink:

Yes, Cody, you took some great photos.