Yes, I've been busy

Started by FinsnFur, November 13, 2011, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

Go to like Ladobes Quiz post that has 3 pages to it, when you click on it,
it will bring you to page one instead of page three
Scott

FinsnFur

Yea but how are you getting there? Are you going to the tailgate and clicking on the title of the topic?...A Quiz?
That will and always did take you to the first post. It's basically opening the topic you clicked on.
Under the topic title in the list shown in the tailgate there should be little numbers indicating the number of pages within a topic. Clicking on one of those numbers will and always did open the corresponding page.

The latest post within any topic has always been listed at the far right of the actual topic listing when shown from within any board. So in other words if you go into the tailgate, you will see a lisdt of threads running within the tailgate.
One of them being the "A quiz" topic. To the far right of that line will be a link to the latest post along with who made it.
But...none of that has changed. ....or am I not even close to what your trying to point out?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Usually when I first get on here I'll go to "show unread posts"
and click on that. So say that was one that came up, I thought
before when I clicked on the topic it would automatically bring
me to the last (or most current) page on that topic. Maybe not though.
Scott

FinsnFur

Ok, I see what your saying. I dont remember if it did that before or not.
It wouldnt make sense for it to, cause again it's only showing you which topics have new posts in them. When you click as topic your still going to nothing other then the topic.
I'm wondering now if maybe there was an additional link there on the old forum layout which WOULD allow you to go directly to the last post.
I'll have to do some digging on that.
I do know that the icon on the far right of each topic takes you directly to the latest post, but we had that on the other forum too. :confused:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

5 SHOTS

If you open "The Tailgate" then click on the "new" icon it will take you to the first new post since the last time you opened the thread.

Clear as mud......right?
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.