• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bow fishin pics from this past weekend

Started by BigB, May 31, 2010, 09:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigB

I've always wanted to try out bowfishing, and I finally bought a bowfishing rig last friday.  Over the years, I've noticed the carp splashing around the lakeshore on Memorial day weekend.  So while we were on the lake this weekend, we tried to have a little fun with the new bow.

I've gotta give a huge thanks to John (greenwell1978) for all the help with my questions about bows and attachments.  Thanks John!!

I practiced a few times at a leaf floating in the water to see how the arrow would fly and to get the feel of the bow.  The bow is a Mathews Menace, set up at 29" draw length with a 40 lb pull.  It came set up with an AMS Pro reel.

We found some carp along the weeds back in the shallows where a creek came into the lake, and I fired a few warning shots first.    :alscalls:   But then I connected on this carp.

Then I walked up on some fish splashing along the shore a few feet further down the shore, and shot into the spashing.  When I started reeling it in, I noticed that I had more than one fish on.  It ended up that I got 3 gar with one shot.

My brother wanted in on the action, and got this carp

Some more action shots:

And the last fish of the weekend.

What a blast!  I can't wait to go again!!!!!

Brian
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

Okanagan

Way to go!  I haven't done it in years but loved shooting carp with a bow.  Tickled for you and it sure brings back memories!

vvarmitr

Where is Centerfire 223 aka Ronnie Cannon?
He's big into this stuff!
:wo: Probably bow-fishing I suppose.  :doh2:

Now that's the way to get fish ..... you see it then shoot it!  ;yes;
Thanks for sharing B:biggrin:

pitw

Wow, three with one shot is kinda like the little tailor :wink: except you were threading them :yoyo:.  I can't imagine what that kind of fishing would be like but I'm sure I'd just fire the warning shots :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

KySongDog

Thanks for posting that!   Looks like a real good time.   :yoyo:

Okanagan

Forgot to comment on the three with one shot.  That is amazing!  Might be some kind of world record with a bow!

Hawks Feather

Looks like you had a good time.  Thanks for sharing the pictures and congrats on the triple.

Jerry

iahntr

That is a lotta fun !
Haven't been in several years now.
Thanks for sharin it with us.

3 with one shot is crazy !
Scott

BigB

The 3 with one shot was pure luck!!!!!!  But there was no way in [L] that I was turnin those gar loose until I got back in the boat.  :readthis:

Brian   
hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

FinsnFur

Never done it but it sure does look fun. Thanks for taking us :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Cool pics!  I should get out my old bow real and show you fellas how they have changed siince 19##   :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls