• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Happy Birthday to my son, and a Thank You to you all, with a little update.

Started by iahntr, January 14, 2009, 09:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iahntr

I was just sittin here thinking, It's my sons Birthday today. He turned 20. I'm feelin old.  :biggrin:
We don't get to talk to him today, but we went and took him out for his Birthday on Sat.
spent the day shoppin, out to eat, and just hangin out. I thought now was a good time to
say Thank You again from myself, and my family, for all the support that was given. It's very
much appreciated. A little up date on him, he is in a program called Teen Challenge. He's doing
pretty good right now. He has his days, but we're on the right track, and I'm proud of him for
the progress he's makin. As far as his brain injury, we're still a little confused about the doctors
orders. They basically say he "should be fine" and as long as no out of the ordinary symptoms
come up, they shouldn't have to see him for several months yet. But then they put a restriction
on him and say "no lifting more then 30 pounds, and no calisthenics type movements".  :confused:
Then the doctors office that put him on the medication he's on, quite filling his prescription.  :madd:
So right now we got our family doctor to refill the prescription, but it's coming out of our pocket.  :puke:
It's been a long tough road at times, but we'll all come out better people in the end.
Thanks again guys !!
Scott   
Scott

HaMeR

Thanks for the update. I don't understand Dr's orders either or their way of doing things but I think they have his best interests in  mind tho. Tell him Happy Birthday for me next time you see him.  :highclap:  Hang in there Scott!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Good news though, there's progress. :wink:

I can only imagine how tough it's gotta be. Which in itself says something about you and your character Scott. :congrats:
Happy Birthday to your son from us.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Scott, the next time you talk to him tell him all the guys (and one gal) at FnF said Happy Birthday.  Thanks also for the update.

Jerry

Coulter

vvarmitr

Thanks so much for the update.
Teen Challenge, that's a real good group.  :wink: