AWMiller

Ingredients:
1 pound Jimmy Dean "hot" sausage
2 cups Bisquick
2 cups shredded cheese
1 package Lipton's Onion Soup mix
2 jalapeños; seeded, minced
2 cloves garlic; minced

Brown sausage, onion soup mix, garlic and jalapeños slowly over low heat; and don’t pour off the grease.  Put sausage mixture into large mixing bowl and add cheese and stir until cheese is melted and incorporated well into sausage mixture.  Add bisquick and mix well.  Put mixture into shallow cookie pan and press flat.  Bake in 350 degree (F) oven for about 15 minutes or until top starts to turn golden.  I prefer to then turn on the broiler and cook until top is a nice dark golden brown; but keep a close eye on them so they don't burn.

Remove pan and let cool, cut into squares and devour!  These are called Can't-Stop Sausage Cakes cause when you eat one you can't stop eating all of them!!

vvarmitr

Glad you stopped long enough to take a pix for us after you ate at least 4 of'em.  :laf:

AWMiller

you my friend are the FIRST to take notice of that!!  I told you I call them "can't stop"!!!  Heck I couldn't wait for them to cool down! 

pitw

I have a problem here  :pout:.  What is a Jimmy Dean "hot" sausage :shrug: and Jalepeno's are pretty much non existant in fresh form out here.  Other than that I'm thinking that could be fun to try :yoyo:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

AWMiller

Quote from: pitw on February 25, 2011, 12:56:56 PM
  I have a problem here  :pout:.  What is a Jimmy Dean "hot" sausage :shrug: and Jalepeno's are pretty much non existant in fresh form out here.  Other than that I'm thinking that could be fun to try :yoyo:.

Jimmy Dean sausage is pretty prevalent here in Texas.... comes in mild and hot flavors.  I prefer the hot version and the jalapeños are a must.  And surely there are some grocery stores about that can get the jalapeños in stock while they are still fresh.....

pitw

Actually jalepenos[how'd you get it to make that squiggly thingy above the n :confused:] are not used much up North here :shrug:.  Way I got it figured, is that the hotter the climate the hotter the food and that makes no sense :shrug:.  We can get some piss poor kinda/sorta pickled ones but that is it. :pout:  I suppose if I lived closer[and trust me I ain't moving :readthis:] to a bigger center they may have some.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com