• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Recent posts

Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Jimbo in his kayak?
Last post by nastygunz - May 16, 2024, 01:22:34 PM
No win/ no win situation.
The Tailgate / Today in history 5-16
Last post by remrogers - May 16, 2024, 09:11:00 AM
May 16
Virginia's House of Burgesses criticizes taxation without representation

On May 16, 1769, Virginia's House of Burgesses passes a resolution calling Britain's taxes on the American colonies illegal.

Though Virginia's royal governor promptly fired back by disbanding the House of Burgesses, the dissenting legislators were undeterred. During a later meeting held at the Raleigh Tavern in Williamsburg, Virginia's delegates gave their support to the non-importation resolutions. Maryland and South Carolina soon followed suit with the passing of their own non-importation measures.

The non-importation resolutions lacked any means of enforcement, and Chesapeake tobacco merchants of Scottish ancestry tended to be loyal to their firms in Glasgow. However, tobacco planters supported the measure, and the mere existence of non-importation agreements proved that the southern colonies were willing to defend Massachusetts, the true target of Britain's crackdown, where violent protests against the Townshend Acts had led to a military occupation of Boston, beginning on October 2, 1768.

When Britain's House of Lords learned that the Sons of Liberty, a revolutionary group in Boston, had assembled an extra-legal Massachusetts convention of towns as the British fleet approached in 1768, they demanded the right to try such men in England. This step failed to frighten New Englanders into silence, but succeeded in rallying Southerners to their cause. By impugning colonial courts and curtailing colonial rights, this British action backfired: it created an American identity where before there had been none.
The Tailgate / Re: Election 2024
Last post by Hawks Feather - May 16, 2024, 08:46:27 AM
I live in a conservative area so everything is going the way I like. The state did redistrict the US Representative area and gave us a D from Toledo as our new representative. No one is happy about that especially me since my cousin is no longer my representative.
Last post by Hawks Feather - May 16, 2024, 08:44:04 AM
Or have a large snapper think it was a Jimbo worm and bite it off.  :huh:
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Re: Bronco Project
Last post by Hawks Feather - May 16, 2024, 08:42:56 AM
Nothing like a little 'off frame' restoration to find all the things that need to be worked on. Blue is my favorite color, but my vote would be to keep the original color when you get to that point. I have been seeing more restored Broncos the last few years and they do look good. Keep us updated as your project continues.
Non Hunting/Fishing Photos / Bronco Project
Last post by msmith - May 16, 2024, 07:18:36 AM
So about 3 years ago I purchased a 77 Bronco to play around with. It has been a lot of fun but every time I touch something to fix it, something else needs attention. Soooo, I finally decided to start from zero and fix everything.

Here she is in all her glory. So far I rebuilt the front Dana 44 with all new seals, gaskets, ring, pinion, carrier, axles. I replaced the whole suspension with a Duff 2.5" lift. The RAT 3 speed and Dana 20 are on the bench waiting to be rebuilt. The frame needs a little attention before I seal it.

Not sure what color I'm going to go with, maybe this red or Baham blue, but this is the look I think I'm going for.

Consensus on color? Top or bottom?

Last post by FinsnFur - May 16, 2024, 05:32:20 AM
Yep, I'd still drowned, but right inside the boat :laf:
Last post by msmith - May 15, 2024, 08:30:12 PM
I'd still have a leak  :shrug:
The Tailgate / Election 2024
Last post by msmith - May 15, 2024, 09:36:40 AM
How are the elections going in your area?

Fishing Photos / Re: Skip the fries
Last post by msmith - May 15, 2024, 09:27:20 AM
Oh now there's a couple of samwhiches for sure!