• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

News:

In memory of, and honoring, the men and woman whom never made it back home, serving our country.

Main Menu

This winters ice fishing pics

Started by FinsnFur, March 16, 2023, 08:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Thats all of em! :shrug:

I never even dug out my ice fishing gear once to consider going. I never heard any good reports of anyone doing any good, so I just had no further interest for some reason.
I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.   :laf:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Well, all I can say is that 'the BIG one' did not get away!

JohnP

Jim - I can sympathize with you as I feel the same.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 16, 2023, 08:06:09 PMThats all of em! :shrug:

I never even dug out my ice fishing gear once to consider going. I never heard any good reports of anyone doing any good, so I just had no further interest for some reason.
I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.  :laf:

A part of that reluctance to go out as we age, is wisdom:  if experience tells us the odds of success are too low to make it worth the effort, we learn to do something more worthwhile and enjoyable. That's not all bad, though I wish we all had the unmeasured headlong pursuit we had as young men, with just a smidge of the wisdom we have now!  :laf:

pitw

Quote from: Okanagan on March 17, 2023, 09:52:12 PM

I kept thinking about setting out there not catching anything and thinking about all the other things I could or should, be doing instead.  :laf:

A part of that reluctance to go out as we age, is wisdom:  if experience tells us the odds of success are too low to make it worth the effort, we learn to do something more worthwhile and enjoyable. That's not all bad, though I wish we all had the unmeasured headlong pursuit we had as young men, with just a smidge of the wisdom we have now!  :laf:

I think we get lazy. :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Quote from: pitw on March 18, 2023, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on March 17, 2023, 09:52:12 PM

I think we get lazy. :shrug:

For sure! :wink:

bigben

A couple buddies wanted to go fishing this winter on the ice.  Last year was the first year in a while we could here around home.  This year we had ice on one local lake for about a week and most of that was iffy.  one side of the small lake was good and the other was open.  Honestly with the price of fuel oil I was more then happy to not spend anytime out on the ice.  I spent a good bit of january out hunting with the flintlock instead. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.