• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Crawdad

Started by Dave, May 29, 2013, 05:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Got in from working the other night around 7 and found this

So I took a closer look as Dante was all proud of his culinary skills and I wasn't too sure of this.

Hey now, that looks a little better.  I thought i'd get involved and help the youngster out with the cleaning and possibly the eating of his catch.

Here's the finished product, and needless to say I melted a little butter, grabbed the Old Bay and I'm all in!!

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Looks like the ones I ate in Louisiana a few months back.  They are pretty good.

Jerry

Dave

It was pretty good, but just tiny bites.  He and two friends just tonight caught about 30 of em in a local reservoir and wolfed em down.  I think they are now targeting some bull frogs at a neighbors pond.   :doh2:  Frog legs may be the next topic    :puke: 

coyote101

Looks good to me Dave. A dash of Old Bay would make them just about right.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Never had crawdad, but I LOVE shrimp, and those look delicious Dante!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vayotehowler

went to a low country boil couple weeks back. had corn potatoes and  shrimp and crawdads. all in old bay . ate daddys for 2 hours straight. if you ever have em , twist  the tail, suck the head( insert joke here) and get the flavor and juice and the tamale(liver) then eat the tail, good size ones some claw meat not much though. frog legs... skin em soak in clean water over night, roll in cracker meal and deep fry ... awesome, used to gig em when I was a kid on fri  and cook em sunday.

Dave

Well luckily there were no frog legs to deal with …. yet.  I know they're coming, though.
He was laid up on the couch with a belly ache tonight.  I'm hoping it was the sudden intake of anything edible after about 6 to 7 hours of no food, and not his crawdad meal.  He sucked down those crawdads, a heaping plate of bell peppers in vinegar and oil, baked beans with hot dogs, a few hand fulls of cherry tomatoes and then a big piece of strawberry pie.  And then some water to dilute his stomach acids.   :puke:

Quote from: vayotehowler on May 29, 2013, 09:49:12 PM
frog legs... skin em soak in clean water over night, roll in cracker meal and deep fry ... awesome, used to gig em when I was a kid on fri  and cook em sunday.
Now there's a start.  All he needs is a game plan to get going.

Okanagan

Those things look tasty!  Only time I ever ate crawdads was on a trip into Louisiana probably 25 years ago.  There are big ones in the Fraser River near my house and you have motivated me to catch some and try them!