• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The Dukes of Flukes

Started by Dave, August 20, 2010, 10:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Got a good fluke report from Cape May last Sunday morning, so I packed up my son and two of his buddies and headed for the coast that afternoon. 
Didn't need a boat as the flounder were right up against some jetties.
Here are the three boys going to work. 

Didn't take them long to get into them.  We had about 20 fish by sunset with only one keeper (18 inches or better).  My son, Dante, is in the middle.  Bobby's on the left and Charlie is on the right.

We got back on them at sunrise and by noon we caught another 50+ fish.  Again, only one keeper. 
Here are a few pics of the typical size fish.  Most were 14 to 16 inches with two just shy of legal - 17 1/2 and 17 3/4.
We all needed to wear coarkers (jetty spikes) as the rocks get really slick when wet. 

PITW, take a look at this kid.  Every time I see a pic of the Dog Dropper, it remids me of this kid.

And we also caught 6 of these.  They're called Sea Robins.

pitw

That looked like more fun than should be enjoyed by anyone :readthis:.  Man if you could can that you'd make Buffet look like a pauper.  You just got to set and enjoy eh?  I didn't see the resemblance in the two lads as that boy had his mouth shut :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Yeah the one boy is holding his mouth open while he unhooks as if it's going to open the fishes mouth too. :laf: :laf:
Good stuff, and it looks like a good time.

Some awful funky looking fish for this inland homeboy.  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com