• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Walmart time/space continumn vortex....

Started by nastygunz, October 10, 2009, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

...I head in to wallyworld early one morn....figured id beat the crowd n see what they might have to offer in the sporting goods section...they had more ammo then usual..usual being almost none...I spy a lone box of .223 locked up....I tell the hard charging clerk I want the box....she unlocks the door and gets the box and tells me you can only have up to 5 boxes, no more...I double check, no more .223...so I ask her if they have anymore..."no"...so I ask her well then why did  tell me I can only have 5 boxes if you only have 1 box?..."you can only have 5 boxes"....but you only have one box?....at that point she was looking a bit disgruntled so I paid and fled... :wink: :madd:...I never fail to have adventure when I dare travel the hallowed halls of wallyworld.

FinsnFur

Most of those people arent any smarter then the tree that was used to mill paper from for their name tag. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

timbertoes

Lady at Walmart, shopping for a fishing rod/reel combo:

"what's the difference between these two"

Walmart clerk:  "That one is sliver and that one is black"

:rolleye: :doh2:
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

pitw

I won't shop in Walmart but I will admit that the place is a great source of entertainment for anyone who is bored.   :shrug:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Gunz,

I had the same exact thing happen just a month ago, but with 22's.

alscalls

Maybe I should try and get a job at Wal Mart then they will close next........ :shrug:   :laf: :laf:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

NASA

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

NASA

Jim, there are 60 pages of "Americana" on that site.  No wonder politicians think the average citizen is stupid.

nastygunz

Quote from: Todd Rahm on October 11, 2009, 11:37:26 AM
Gunz,

I had the same exact thing happen just a month ago, but with 22's.

I hear people r hoarding .22 ammo and creating a shortage ?

possumal

Nastyman, the clerks at Wallyworld aren't the only ones to make errors that are nearly beyond belief.  There used to be a sporting goods store in Lexington, Ky. , and I think it was named "Jumbo Sports", pretty good sized building and well stocked with hunting and fishing stuff.  A friend of mine was in there shopping for some Winchester 22 high velocity, the SuperX type with a little more zip and a good performing ammo for squirrel hunting.   They had a super low price going at the time, something like $1.15 per box of 100.  He liked the ammo so much that he told the clerk he wanted a whole brick of them.  They had plenty, so there was no problem there, and he handed my buddy the brick of shells.  He had a couple more items, and he went to the front of the store to check out.  When the clerk rang his purchases up, she charged him $1.15 for the whole brick of shells.  My friend kind of questioned that, but she assured him it was right.  So he called my soninlaw, a bonafide gun nut, and he rounded up all the buddies he could and they all went over and bought a brick or two of the ammo.  Every purchase was rung up and all sales were completed.   And you wonder why these companies go broke?  That has been about 20 years ago and there is a Gold's gym in that building now.  Poor old Jumbo Sports is lost in limbo now, I guess. :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

I kinda/sorta find that story unbelievable, not that they did it mind you, more the fact that they did do it.  I can honestly say I have never taken another persons money or goods from him/her through an employee's or technical error.  My name is worth to much to me maybe but I'll not have anyone call me a cheat or thief[thats what it is when you knowingly screw someone] for a few bucks.  I'm willing to bet there are more than a few people missing the sports store now.  Watch out if I'm dealing with the owner though. :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

AHHHHHHHHHHH wallyworld memories......couple years ago I axed the guy behind the counter for a box of .270 shells cuz everyone knows the .270 is the best deer cartridge ever, period.... :innocentwhistle:....I get home n check em out...guy gave me a box of 30-06....well i didnt own one of them so i bring em back....guy says we dont take ammo back...i politeley explained his mistake.....no...i say ok then i want to see your manager...here comes the manager....splained the sit rep to him...same thing...we dont accept ammo back...he told me to try and send it to the manufacturer and swap....so im looking at the guy and right behind him on the wall is a sign that says they wont accept ammo returns...AFTER 10 DAYS!!...i gently point this out to them....they hem and haw and finally swap boxes with me...this being a nearly 1 hour event....lesson learned though...i CHECK every box of ammo now  :yoyo:...i also learned age does bring wisdom because even though i felt the urge to grab him by the throat and beat his head with the ammo box i didnt  :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: :eyebrow:

pitw

Quote from: nastygunz on October 12, 2009, 09:51:39 AM
i also learned age does bring wisdom because even though i felt the urge to grab him by the throat and beat his head with the ammo box i didnt  :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink: :eyebrow:

:yoyo: Man I hear ya.

timbertoes

Ah, the One hour event....

just about exactly how long it took, for them to get someone to help with the Forms, etc. to sell me a .22  :doh2:

possumal

Quote from: pitw on October 12, 2009, 09:05:25 AM
I kinda/sorta find that story unbelievable, not that they did it mind you, more the fact that they did do it.  I can honestly say I have never taken another persons money or goods from him/her through an employee's or technical error.  My name is worth to much to me maybe but I'll not have anyone call me a cheat or thief[thats what it is when you knowingly screw someone] for a few bucks.  I'm willing to bet there are more than a few people missing the sports store now.  Watch out if I'm dealing with the owner though. :innocentwhistle:

My friend double checked with the sales clerk, and double checked with the check out person, and they all confirmed it was a valid deal.  I don't see that he cheated anybody, nor did his friends cheat anybody. They also double checked with the sales clerk and the check out person.  If you went onto a used car lot, which are famous for charging $5,000 for a car they "Stole" on a trade in for $1,000, and they had a truck that should be bringing $10,000 marked down to $4,000, would you buy it if it seemed to be in good shape.  If you would, and most people would, do you think they are cheating someone?  I don't.  For every time those stores make a mistake against themselves, they make 4 or 5 against the customer.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Quote from: possumal on October 12, 2009, 02:04:23 PM
Quote from: pitw on October 12, 2009, 09:05:25 AM

My friend double checked with the sales clerk, and double checked with the check out person, and they all confirmed it was a valid deal.  I don't see that he cheated anybody, nor did his friends cheat anybody. They also double checked with the sales clerk and the check out person.

If a person in the know[at all] has been buying an item for a dollar for some time and then all of a sudden just one place in the world is selling 10 of those items for a dollar,  I'd have to say that he/she who is buying there "knows" it is wrong and all I'm saying is "I" won't live that way.

If you went onto a used car lot, which are famous for charging $5,000 for a car they "Stole" on a trade in for $1,000, and they had a truck that should be bringing $10,000 marked down to $4,000, would you buy it if it seemed to be in good shape.

No as I have never in my life dealt with a used car lot and don't understand why anyone would go to a place that has the notoriety of "stealing" things.  If you don't put yourself in the vicinity of an "honest" crook he/she cannot take you.

If you would, and most people would, do you think they are cheating someone?

If the business dealing is in the open and mark ups are there it is up to the consumer to be alert.  If you think you can out deal a crook go for it but  expect to get your fingers burnt somewhere along the line[they do].

I don't.  For every time those stores make a mistake against themselves, they make 4 or 5 against the customer.

Mistakes can be made and I'll be the first to admit that but I won't knowingly cheat a man because he couldn't find competent staff.  I've ate my mistakes and learned from them, then foraged ahead.  You make it sound like it is alright to close down a perfectly good store for no other reason than they could cheat a couple of aforementioned incompetent staff.  I won't even cheat Walmart but would love to see them close there doors. So I guess what I'm trying to say is you and yours live life anyway you see fit and I'll do the same.  I'm reasonably sure which group of us are going to be allowed on/in many places in this world.

Wolfwoman

Quote from: NASA on October 11, 2009, 09:21:27 PM
Jim, there are 60 pages of "Americana" on that site.  No wonder politicians think the average citizen is stupid.

That would be because they ARE!!
If it can be made from fur I can make it!!

Send me a fur and I will made you a hat or mitts for $50

timbertoes

Quote from: Wolfwoman on October 12, 2009, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: NASA on October 11, 2009, 09:21:27 PM

That would be because they ARE!!

We all have a little Homer Simpson in us.   :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

BUT, I will say in defense of wallyworld...I always get sporting stuff I need there cheaper then other stores such as dicks sporting goods....the level of customer service is about the same....now I hear people all the time say support your local small stores..blah, blah, the corporate giants, etc etc...I work 2 jobs and I go where my dollar does the most good...in my opinion and my area...the local gunshops are just as bad with customer service and much more predatory in their business dealings...and way higher in prices...in fact im sure some of them buy goods from the big stores and mark them up and re-sell them at a higher price all the while bad mouthing the big stores...so I figure at least if Im getting an attitude, and poor customer service at wallyworld, at least Im paying less for it  :yoyo: :yoyo: