• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The Walmart time/space continumn vortex....

Started by nastygunz, October 10, 2009, 10:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfwoman

Quote from: timbertoes on October 13, 2009, 10:20:52 AM
Quote from: Wolfwoman on October 12, 2009, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: NASA on October 11, 2009, 09:21:27 PM
Jim, there are 60 pages of "Americana" on that site.  No wonder politicians think the average citizen is stupid.

That would be because they ARE!!

We all have a little Homer Simpson in us.   :innocentwhistle:
Some more than others. Trust me, I know. I've run a small retails store for over 6 years now.
If it can be made from fur I can make it!!

Send me a fur and I will made you a hat or mitts for $50

5 SHOTS

sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

possumal

Hmmmmmmm, I don't recall saying that I was a participant in the Jumbo Sports incident; I just reported a story that I knew about to indicate how inept some of these people are. Personally, if I had that same exact thing happen to me, I'd refuse to buy the shells based on some personal religious convictions, and I'd get one of those long extension poles they use to put up the special of the day, and warn all the public that they are about to have the opportunity to "Cheat" a corporate giant on an unbelievable deal on ammo, and then I'd go store to store and ferret out any potential similar deals.  Might even recruit a bunch of volunteers to help police the entire state.  If we were successful, we could then spread out to all over the USA and just save everyone from shafting some unsuspecting store owner or firm. Then on to save the rest of the world!   :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

KySongDog

I went to the drive up window at a local bank once, cashed a check (they put the money in an envelope) and pulled away from the window.  I stopped in the parking lot to transfer the money in the envelope to my pocket and found that the bank teller gave me exactly $100 too much. 

So I circled the building, got back in line, and told the teller she paid me too much.  I thought she was going to pass out!  She thanked me many times and said she would double check her drawer at shift change.  I gave her the $100 and told her to just give it back to me if I was wrong the next time I came through.  (I wasn't wrong).  The bank holds the tellers responsible for over/short cash positions. 

At one time, I audited banks.  So I know what would have happened to the young lady.  It was the right thing to do and I felt good doing it.  She always has a smile when she sees me now.   

nastygunz

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 02:09:16 AM
Hmmmmmmm, I don't recall saying that I was a participant in the Jumbo Sports incident; I just reported a story that I knew about to indicate how inept some of these people are. Personally, if I had that same exact thing happen to me, I'd refuse to buy the shells based on some personal religious convictions, and I'd get one of those long extension poles they use to put up the special of the day, and warn all the public that they are about to have the opportunity to "Cheat" a corporate giant on an unbelievable deal on ammo, and then I'd go store to store and ferret out any potential similar deals.  Might even recruit a bunch of volunteers to help police the entire state.  If we were successful, we could then spread out to all over the USA and just save everyone from shafting some unsuspecting store owner or firm. Then on to save the rest of the world!   :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

I applaud your initiative and am emailing Nobama to see if we cant get you shipped to the mexican border to patrol it...do possums tolerate the heat well?... :biggrin:

nastygunz

Quote from: timbertoes on October 12, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
Ah, the One hour event....

just about exactly how long it took, for them to get someone to help with the Forms, etc. to sell me a .22  :doh2:

And then the "WALK OF SHAME" when the manager walks you out the door like your a common criminal because you, OMG!...BOUGHT A GUN !!...steps outside the door and hands you the gun and your freeeeeee at last  :yoyo:

timbertoes

:laf: :laf:  after an hour, I did feel like a prisoner!  Just had to have that Marlin .22magnum :)
So far it has put down one yote, and several squirrel.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

pitw

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 02:09:16 AM

Your posts say that you condone these practices to me :readthis:.  Maybe, just maybe that is why our countries are in the mess they are in.  When people stand by and watch something being done that is wrong and do or say nothing against it the next step is goverment intervention.  If we police ourselves then we shouldn't require a police force, lawyers or politicians getting involved to make it harder to enjoy life.  You wish to make fun of it and that is your choice but like I stated earlier we will see who gets the most doors opened in which to enter and enjoy.  I don't lock my doors and neither do my friends and neighbors so something is working for us.

Semp I enjoyed your story and  :highclap: :congrats: on being an honorable person.  I'll now relate one that kinda/sorta mirrors yours.  While in Australia as a broke working for peanuts 18 year old my father sent me a cheque for $200[That I had to work off on my return].  I took it to the local bank there and the teller did the phone calls[my expense] and all the other stuff for me to cash the cheque.  She then handed me the wrong amount of money[she had the exchange rate backwards] and it was in my favor by a little over a hundred dollars[Australian].  I said it was wrong and she couldn't understand so got the manager.  He figured it out and cashed my cheque without any charges and opened an account at their bank for free for me.  It also opened a few doors in the small town because they talk.  A person will never feel bad doing the right thing.
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

PITW:  I didn't post anything to hurt your sensibilities.  I don't condone anything crooked, and you are barking up the wrong tree if you think I do.  Nastygunz talked about an experience he had at Walmart.  I posted about something else.  I didn't do it, but I knew it happened.  Should I have reported them to the government?  I am not judging anybody and don't care much about being judged about something that I had nothing to do with.  I simply reported what happened. You are evidently somewhat evangelical which is fine and dandy, but you can't expect everybody else to have the same attitude, especially people you don't know at all.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

pitw

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PM
PITW:  I didn't post anything to hurt your sensibilities.
I believe you didn't but you sure seemed to hit that nail square on the head.

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PMI don't condone anything crooked, and you are barking up the wrong tree if you think I do.
Reading the original post again I come to the same conclusion.

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PMNastygunz talked about an experience he had at Walmart.  I posted about something else.  I didn't do it, but I knew it happened.  Should I have reported them to the government?
Reread my post cause I don't want government involved in anything. 

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PMI am not judging anybody and don't care much about being judged about something that I had nothing to do with.  I simply reported what happened.
Seemed like you reported with just a little to much glee in your keys.

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PMYou are evidently somewhat evangelical which is fine and dandy,
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  I've been accused of being many things in this mans world and others[many times multiple accusations] but I can say with all honesty that is the first time I've been charged with this offence.  Hope you don't mind me sharing this with my friends and neighbors as it will get a tremendous burst from them.

Quote from: possumal on October 14, 2009, 07:49:10 PMbut you can't expect everybody else to have the same attitude, especially people you don't know at all.

I sure as "L" can :readthis:
I say what I think not think what I say.

timbertoes

Bopeye

Remember to take the "High Road" gentleman. Always the "High Road". We will save the "Low Road" for unmentionables, so please always take the "High Road".

Sorry to bring the "High Road" up at this juncture, but as you will read in my signature, that is part of my job now.  :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

That's real funny, Bopeye.  Laugh? I thought I'd never start.  If you want a real good example of the "High Road", I remember the Ky. state fast pitch softball tournament being held in Lexington, Ky. at Woodland Park field in about 1960.  They had one of those Pepsi rolling concession stands set up about 100 feet behind the bleachers, up on the hill.  There was a young girl working one of the service windows, and I ordered a hot dog and a medium Pepsi.  The price was 45 cents total.  I gave the young lady $5.00, and she handed me 55 cents in change and what I assumed to be 4 one dollar bills folded in half.  When I got back down the hill on the way to my seat, I stopped to put the "4 one dollar bills" back into my wallet.  In doing so, I unfolded them and saw that she had mistakenly given me back the five dollar bill that I gave her plus the four one dollar bills and 55  cents in coins.  I went back up there and told her what she had done, and handed her all the change she had given me.  This time she tried to give me change for a twenty.  It was obvious she had become so nervous she couldn't count to five, so I took the 55 cents in change and four one dollar bills and assured her to simply trust that I was doing it right so that she wouldn't be out of balance at the end of the evening. She wasn't a blonde either (lol).

So, PITW and other interested parties, who may be wondering about what I condone, and what my attitude might be about honesty in general, study this story over and see what you think.

PITW, you can tell all your family and friends that Possumal thought you might be preparing for a life in the ministries (lol)  :laf:

Nastygunz:  Possums can stand the heat pretty well in a great variety of situations.  But I hope you don't recommend me for the border patrol job, as I am too afraid of rattlesnakes, scorpions, and other critters that stick and bite.

Bopeye:  I seriously wish you the best in your new King of Comedy job.  :roflmao:  You might be able to qualify for a position with Rich Buhler of Truthorfiction.com fame since you have been watching so faithfully for years and KNOW the truth about all things.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

WALMART HAS DRIVEN OUR FNF FAMILY APART..WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?..... :innocentwhistle:

possumal

:laf:Ah say, Mr. Nasty man, whatever do you mean?  I thought we was just a funnin'. I know I was. Weren't you? :roflmao: :roflmao    [move]:dance: :yahoo: :thumb2: :finger:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Of course I was funnin Your Possumness, Id never take shots at another member  :yoyo:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

timbertoes

Quote from: nastygunz on October 17, 2009, 10:18:58 AM
WALMART HAS DRIVEN OUR FNF FAMILY APART..WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?..... :innocentwhistle:
and over the loudspeajker we hear...

"CLEAN UP" in Sporting goods!!

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on October 17, 2009, 01:10:30 PM
Unless it's me right?  :huh:

Only in a respectful way..if I didnt like you I wouldnt acknowledge you  :biggrin:...you def have the best, funnest, web site in the outdoors community so that says something about you right there MISTER CHAMPION !! :yoyo:

Bopeye

Quote from: possumal on October 17, 2009, 08:39:56 AM
  You might be able to qualify for a position with Rich Buhler of Truthorfiction.com fame since you have been watching so faithfully for years and KNOW the truth about all things.

Thank God, you finally noticed.  :whew:
Only took me a few years Al, but I finally got you seeing things my way.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free